MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
duck2092000

Reged: 08/04/05
Pda questions
      #32674 - 02/17/09 05:11 AM

I have an IPAQ RX3715. If I get a Windows SmartPhone 6.? can I still use the same programs I am currently using? If yes, do I have to repurchase them again or am I allowed to transfer (previously purchased) them to a new device?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jacob_SpindelModerator
Moderator and writer

Reged: 11/21/05
Re: Pda questions [Re: duck2092000]
      #32717 - 02/20/09 03:13 PM

Hello duck2092000.

The answer is, "It depends." Some of your apps may run without modification on WM6, while others may require an update, and some may not work at all. You might want to contact the individual developers regarding compatibility questions.

You should not have to pay a second time to move your apps to the new WM device, as long as you delete them from the old device (for legal reasons). However, if you need an update to your program for compatibility, it is up to the developer whether or not they charge for updates.

--------------------
Chief iPod Correspondent
Senior Time Waster
Extreme Moderator
Moderate Extremist
Captain of the Planet Express
Assistant Jedi Librarian
--------------------

mmzlm33

Reged: 05/13/09
Loc: Jerusalem, Israel
Re: Pda questions [Re: Jacob_Spindel]
      #33254 - 05/14/09 06:03 AM

Having been a "Palmie" for 10 years, I'm a new user of the iPaq 2490, and am loving it. It seems to me, this Windows Mobile 5 device released at the end of 2005, was way ahead of it's time. I try to keep up with trends, and it looks like Apple's iPhone has knocked the "stand-alone PDA" on its butt.

A former Bostonian in Jerusalem, I noted recently that many of the high-end phones sold here are Touch screen. Ugh... OK, OK it's just a preference. QUESTION: What's the future of the stand-alone [no phone] PDA?

--------------------
- former Bostonian: Love Mobile & PDA

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Pda questions [Re: mmzlm33]
      #33266 - 05/15/09 02:46 AM

Sadly, the future looks pretty slim. HP has been committed to standalone PDAs, but that will probably last only as long as their enterprise clients express interest and desire. Even Palm has nearly left that space. These days, folks who love their iPAQs get a Windows Mobile PDA phone for their next device rather than a standalone Windows Mobile PDA it seems.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

seven

Reged: 07/16/09
Re: Pda questions [Re: LisaG]
      #33676 - 07/16/09 01:20 PM

well, in the interest of economy, i purchased a "used-refurbished-Palm and now find out it was not "cleaned" by the computer repair man. It appears to have been someone elses. i've already deleted a lot of stuff, but now find out that i need to have a disc to integrate to my desktop.,,,,,,Help please...how can i get some kind of start up disc to make this Palm mine!!??..thankyou seven

JeroenF

Reged: 02/18/10
Re: Pda questions [Re: seven]
      #36045 - 02/18/10 08:37 PM

I have a compaq Ipaq 3850 and a buy a new memory card 4G and he wanned too show it on my pda and i give him a hard reset and it works not

What can i do about this problem ???

Pleas help me

Grzz Jeroen

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6674

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage