Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
Blackldr

Reged: 02/09/10
Loc: minnesota
My palm Life Drive
      #35929 - 02/09/10 07:34 AM

Okay you know this is about my palm lifedrive. It's not really working any more and i wanted to see about doing a massive overhaul like trying to get a huge 500 gb from a laptop or something i know i will probably need a whole new set up but i'm up for the challenge please email me if you have any ideas?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jacob_SpindelModerator
Moderator and writer

Reged: 11/21/05
Re: My palm Life Drive [Re: Blackldr]
      #35946 - 02/10/10 05:56 PM

Welcome to MTR, Blackldr.

Unfortunately, the LifeDrive will only accept a 4 GB drive, and even with the right size replacement drive, you have to follow some very complicated steps for the LifeDrive to boot from the replacement. You can see a step-by-step guide here.

I used to be a fan of the Palm OS, and I understand why many people are so loyal to it. Nonetheless, attempting to overhaul your LifeDrive will require you to pour lots of money into a final product that won't be nearly as capable as newer devices (like the iPad ) and may not even work at all if anything goes wrong during the upgrade. Palm OS devices were never designed to be "overhaulable," so I'm sorry but the smartest choice by far would be to move on to a different product.

If you could provide more info about what specific characteristics and abilities you are looking to achieve, we could make some recommendations about what might work well for you.

--------------------
Chief iPod Correspondent
Senior Time Waster
Extreme Moderator
Moderate Extremist
Captain of the Planet Express
Assistant Jedi Librarian
--------------------

Blackldr

Reged: 02/09/10
Loc: minnesota
Re: My palm Life Drive [Re: Jacob_Spindel]
      #35950 - 02/10/10 10:16 PM

i'm planning on usingthe screen and the mobo to try and create a new palm using a new os and an old external hd that i dont really use any more. A mod in in affect on both sides that way I can have a larger amt of ram and a larger hard drive so later i can do the same thing when i want a larger hd to put in

Bmbiehler

Reged: 02/21/10
Loc: Kansas
Re: My palm Life Drive [Re: Blackldr]
      #36066 - 02/21/10 06:53 AM

If you are looking to get another Lifedrive, I have one that is almost brand new. I have the Lifedrive, sync and power cables, and leather case it came with. I bought it new at Staples a while back, then switched jobs and never used it again. It is in excellent cosmetic condition and perfect working condition. I don't have the original software, but as you know it is all still on the Palm website. Email me if you're interested bmbiehler@rocketmail.com

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3995

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage