MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
Smalls

Reged: 02/28/10
Samsung Jet - Issue - Help please
      #36173 - 02/28/10 06:00 AM

it was mentioned in this article "Samsung Jet Review" that whoever reviewed this phone got data services on at&t to work!!!

if anyone could help, i'd like to know what i am missing as i can't get mine to connect to at&t data services.
all mine does, is the little E in the top left corner turns red with some waves coming off it, then it comes back and says "no response".
over the past 2 days i've spent about 6 hrs on the phone with at&t tech support trying to get my phone to work, it worked for a split second, long enough to retrieve the page saying that i was accessing data services and that it would charged at a rate of $2/mb, other than that it hasn't worked

if anyone knows what i or at&t should do please let me know how to get things moving

thx n adv
Smalls

Edited by Smalls (02/28/10 07:21 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Samsung Jet - Issue - Help please [Re: Smalls]
      #36182 - 03/01/10 12:43 AM

The correct AT&T data settings depend a bit on which data plan you have. But if you're seeing a message that tells you that you must pay per MB, it sounds like you don't have a data plan on your account. I assume you must have a data plan, right?

If you have the feature phone data plan/MediaNet (the cheapest AT&T unlimited data plan), the settings are:

server/APN: WAP.CINGULAR
username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password: CINGULAR1

-

If you have the iPhone data plan it's the same as above but leave the username and password blank.

-

If you have the smartphone data plan, then the MediaNet settings should still work but you can also use:

server/APN: isp.cingular
username: ISPDA@CINGULARGPRS.COM
password: CINGULAR1

-

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Smalls

Re: Samsung Jet - Issue - Help please [Re: LisaG]
      #36198 - 03/01/10 08:40 PM

at&t hasn't said anything about the settings depending on the data plan, instead they keep going on about built-in at&t data connection settings that can't be changed, i would rather believe that at&t is wrong and that there is something that can be done to get data services on my phone

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Samsung Jet - Issue - Help please [Re: Smalls]
      #36209 - 03/02/10 10:25 PM

You should be able to get it going, there was nothing on our Jet review unit that prevented us from getting a working data connection. Which data plan do you have?

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Smalls

Re: Samsung Jet - Issue - Help please [Re: LisaG]
      #36219 - 03/03/10 08:13 PM

I've been on the pay per use ($2/mb), the $10 & $30 unlimited plans and none of them have worked, the only thing the phone does is the E turns to a globe w/ an arrow, and the blue bar on the browser goes by a few times, then it comes back and says "no response", at&t keeps insisting that it is the phone, and because they know it is unlocked they are less than eager to put any effort into helping while insisting that it is the phone and that they cant guarantee it to work, i am at a loss, anyone have any ideas?????

thnx n adv
Smalls

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4965

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage