General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Video review: Acer Liquid Android Smartphone
      #36244 - 03/05/10 05:23 PM

Feeling a little unloved on ATT? Been waiting a long time for an Android phone but feeling a little underwhelmed with the Motorola BackFlip? Fortunately there are a few alternatives if you're willing to fork over more dollars for a GSM unlocked phone. The Acer Liquid A1 is a pretty interesting option.

It's a high end phone like the Nexus One. But the Nexus One only gets you EDGE on AT&T while the Acer Liquid gets you 3G HSDPA 7.2Mbps on the 1900MHz band. Here in Dallas on AT&T we're seeing download speeds around 3,100kbps according to Speedtest.net. AT&T uses both 850 and 1900MHz for their 3G network, but most locations do have 1900MHz (do some research before buying the phone).

The Liquid runs Android 1.6 Donut which is the only downer since the Droid and Nexus One runs newer versions of the OS. It has a Snapdragon CPU that's underclocked to a still impressive 768MHz, 256 megs of RAM, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth and a 5 megapixel autofocus camera. It has a 3.5" capacitive touch screen with 480 x 800 resolution.

Our review unit was supplied by eXpansys USA, and they sell it for a not too painful $420.

Here's our 8 minute video review of the Acer Liquid.

Our full written review will follow next week. As always, feel free to post questions!

-

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
atmozphere

Reged: 03/07/10
Loc: osloOslo, Norway
Re: Video review: Acer Liquid Android Smartphone [Re: LisaG]
      #36252 - 03/07/10 03:19 AM

can you guys test the battery life. due to the alleged abysmal battery life I went for the nexus one. I really like the looks of the liquid and thought it would be my first android phone. the price is also unbeatable.

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Video review: Acer Liquid Android Smartphone [Re: atmozphere]
      #36255 - 03/07/10 09:16 AM

Battery life isn't the Acer Liquid's strong point. It gets about 2 days on a charge with very light use (no phone calls). It lasts through the work day with moderate use. My Nexus One lasts at least 50% longer.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

atmozphere

Reged: 03/07/10
Loc: osloOslo, Norway
Re: Video review: Acer Liquid Android Smartphone [Re: LisaG]
      #36258 - 03/08/10 03:41 AM

Ok, so it's true. The battery life is really on the top of my list of requirements and it seems like the liquid is in the no go zone for me then. Glad I ordered the N1 the other day. Thanks for the info .

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 87 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5652

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage