MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Wireless and Mobile Phones >> Phones (regular phones not smartphones)

Pages: 1
punyparker04
PDA Addict

Reged: 03/12/10
I know this isn't a section for smartphones, but I really need the help!
      #36289 - 03/12/10 03:26 PM

If I get the Motorola Backflip, is there anyway that I can get rid of MOTOBLUR??? I dont have a facebook, twitter, or myspace and MOTOBLUR would just be there sucking up my battery and causing performance lag. Please, any help would be much appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: I know this isn't a section for smartphones, but I really need the help! [Re: punyparker04]
      #36300 - 03/13/10 09:40 AM

When you create your MOTOBLUR account on the phone, don't add any social networking accounts. Then remove the social networking widgets from the desktop (press and hold on any widget until a trash can appears at the bottom of the screen and drag it to the trash to remove it).

Voila, a non-social Backflip (the same is true of any MOTOBLUR phone). BTW, that's how you remove any widget from the desktop in Android, it's not specific to MOTOBLUR. And it doesn't delete the software from the device, it just removes it from the desktop and stops it from running automatically.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

punyparker04
PDA Addict

Re: I know this isn't a section for smartphones, but I really need the help! [Re: LisaG]
      #36303 - 03/13/10 04:31 PM

Thank you so much for the help! I was going to get the 3Gs but I decided to get the backflip becuase it would only cost me 50 dollars. I would then save a good amount of cash and upgrade on my birthday. Lisa, would the advice you gave me cause motoblur to not suck up the battery so much and lag the phone? Is there a way to terminate the motoblur account after?

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: I know this isn't a section for smartphones, but I really need the help! [Re: punyparker04]
      #36306 - 03/14/10 10:19 AM

Turning off the social networking will definitely help battery life. You can also use the "smart" rather than "performance" battery setting. I don't find the phone laggy, but as with most devices, the less that's running, the faster it will be.

You can manage your MOTOBLUR account using your PC and you could probably request it be deleted. But if you aren't going to enter any info for syncing to social networking or contacts or anything, then it's pretty much an empty account anyway with just your name and email address.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

punyparker04
PDA Addict

Re: I know this isn't a section for smartphones, but I really need the help! [Re: LisaG]
      #36327 - 03/15/10 03:30 PM

Thank you so much for all your help. When nobody else could, you saved the day. I will definetly be getting this phone. You were a huge help, thank you!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Jacob_Spindel, LisaG, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8916

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage