MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
punyparker04
PDA Addict

Reged: 03/12/10
Will the Motorola Backflip get multi-touch?
      #36362 - 03/17/10 09:15 PM

When the Android 2.1 update rolls out to the Motorola Backflip, will it bring multi-touch?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Will the Motorola Backflip get multi-touch? [Re: punyparker04]
      #36371 - 03/18/10 12:09 PM

Motorola hasn't said anything about that yet.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

punyparker04
PDA Addict

Re: Will the Motorola Backflip get multi-touch? [Re: LisaG]
      #36373 - 03/18/10 03:13 PM

Lisa, I've seen the Backflip at an at&t store, but wasn't able to hold it in candybar form, because it had a magnet stuck on the back to keep people from stealing it. You've held it in candy bar form, does the phone feel too small???

marvin02

Reged: 03/09/10
Backflip size [Re: punyparker04]
      #36433 - 03/20/10 10:38 PM

Quote:

Lisa, I've seen the Backflip at an at&t store, but wasn't able to hold it in candybar form, because it had a magnet stuck on the back to keep people from stealing it. You've held it in candy bar form, does the phone feel too small???

When I bought my Backflip I ask to see a phone so I could hold it and get a feel for it without it being tethered. The store I was at was very helpful and brought out a phone for me to look at.

It's hard to say whether it would feel too small to you. What are you used to? I am a pretty big guy and I like the form factor of the phone both open and closed. The volume rocker is a bit too small and not raised enough for my taste but in all other ways the phone feels solid.

The Backflip stacks up against the iPhone this way:

Dimension: BF, iPhone
width: 2.1, 2.4 inches
Height: 4.25, 4.5 inches
Thickness: .6, .5 inches
Weight: 4.7, 4.8 ounces

If you lay a standard size credit card on the Backflip (in the closed position) the credit is a bit (barely) wider than than the phone and 1/2 inch shorter.

The phone has a well built solid feel to it.

Hope this helps.

punyparker04
PDA Addict

Re: Backflip size [Re: marvin02]
      #36434 - 03/20/10 11:56 PM

Thank you so much for your help,I just got my backflip today! it rocks!...one question, i want to know if it's just mine or in general...you know how the bottom (keyboard on bottom and battery cover on top) part of the phone is separated in two? Do you see any slight separation of the two pieces, mainly at the hinge part?

marvin02

Re: Backflip size [Re: punyparker04]
      #36435 - 03/21/10 12:21 AM

Quote:

Thank you so much for your help,I just got my backflip today! it rocks!...one question, i want to know if it's just mine or in general...you know how the bottom (keyboard on bottom and battery cover on top) part of the phone is separated in two? Do you see any slight separation of the two pieces, mainly at the hinge part?

Are you talking about on either side of the hinge looking at the phone from the hinge side?

Click to view image

I had not noticed before, but yes there is a gap at the hinge side. I believe that is because the distance is fixed on that side by the hinge. The other side closes tight with the hinge action pressing the edges together. The gap provides clearance so the tow halves of the phone don;t rub as the hinge opens and closes.

I have been documenting my experiences with the backflip if you want to check out my ramblings.

Edited by marvin02 (03/21/10 05:12 PM)

punyparker04
PDA Addict

#36442 - 03/21/10 11:21 AM

I'm actually talking about just the bottom side, notice how the bottom side is composed of two pieces, and at the hinge the two pieces that make up the bottom part seem to separate.

marvin02

Re: Backflip size [Re: punyparker04]
      #36444 - 03/21/10 05:14 PM

parker,

Yes I see the gap you are referring to, and I have it on my phone also.

I am not sure if I should be concerned or not.

punyparker04
PDA Addict

#36464 - 03/22/10 03:04 PM

I don't think we should be concerned, I looked at hands on photos from phonearena, engadget, and phonescoop and all their backflips had the same slight separation...maybe it's necessary for the hinge to move properly? idk...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 7292

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage