It looks like Swype, a new text input used in devices like HTC HD2 and T-Mobile myTouch 3G, has a new competition. Nuance Communications today announced Nuance T9 Trace, a continuous touch input technology designed specifically for touchscreen phones. Here is more info:
With Nuance T9 Trace, consumers simply glide their finger from one letter to another on their touchscreen QWERTY or touchscreen 12-key keypads, spelling words quickly with no stylus or other implement needed.
Nuance XT9?s word prediction and error correction capabilities deliver faster input with superior word-completion accuracy. Additionally, Nuance T9 Trace allows users to seamlessly switch back and forth between typing and tracing at any time, providing even more control and ease of use.
Because Nuance T9 Trace is designed to integrate directly with Nuance XT9, Nuance offers its handset manufacturer partners significant and unique efficiencies in device integration times, memory consumption, and global language support. These capabilities, coupled with the recently announced Nuance T9 Write handwriting technology, enable Nuance partners to leverage one robust yet simple predictive input technology suite, enabling them to bring multimodal input to more devices in more markets faster. And because the full Nuance T9 portfolio supports more than 80 languages worldwide, OEMs can offer amazing multimodal input experiences in both established and emerging markets.
* Seamless Multimodal Entry ? Allows users to effortlessly switch between tracing and tapping when entering text
* Multimodal Support ? Supports QWERTY and 12-key touchscreen layouts
* Sloppy-Type Correction ? Corrects regional error entry (mistyping letters adjacent to the intended letter) on Qwerty keypads
* Spell Correction ? Corrects common misspelling errors:
- Simple misspellings: thier -> their
- Overtyping: mooney -> money
- Under typing: toorrow -> tomorrow
* Next Word Prediction ? Predicts entire phrases based on the phrases typed most often
* Word Order Preferencing ? Adjusts the order of the words based on user preference and prior usage
* Enhanced Word Completion ? Allows users to more easily type in unique words, including chat phrases, email addresses and URLs
* User Added Words ? Allows the user to easily store and use favorite slang, abbreviations, codes and "emoticons."
* XT9 Backup ? Allows users to back up their personalized XT9 word database so that it can be transferred from one device to another
* Smart Punctuation ? Automatic punctuation in trace and tap modes
* Bilingual Input ? Allows users to simultaneously text in two languages
* Extensive Language Support ? Over 70 languages supported
For more information about Nuance T9 Trace, please visit www.nuance.com/t9trace
To read our latest phone reviews please visit:
Nokia Nuron on T-Mobile
Motorola CLIQ XT
BlackBerry Curve 8530
Palm Pre Plus and Palm Pixi Plus for Verizon
Google Nexus One Android Smartphone
Nokia N900 Unlocked GSM
More News. . .
2 registered and 343 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Topic views: 5212
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5