ATT today announced that ATT 3G MicroCell plans to begin its national roll out beginning in mid April, with new markets activating in cities across the continental U.S. for the next several months. ATT 3G MicroCell uses femtocell technology that allows residential customers to route wireless phone calls and data connections (or sessions) across a home broadband connection. This solution is designed to benefit customers who live in homes that have coverage impediments that consistently interrupt wireless spectrum, such as dense wall and roof construction or unfavorable terrain. More info and pricing:
AT&T 3G MicroCell is the only femtocell to support both 3G data and voice services. Developed in conjunction with Cisco and in a public trial in select markets since September, AT&T 3G MicroCell is available for a one-time cost of $149.99.
Consumers with AT&T 3G MicroCell will be able to easily activate the device the same day it is purchased, thanks to easy, self-install instructions. Technical support is available for customers who need it.
* Enhanced coverage indoors ? supports both voice and data up to 5000 square feet
* Available unlimited minute plans ? individual or FamilyTalk plans.
* 3G handset compatible ? works with any AT&T 3G phone.
* Supports up to four voice or data users at once.
* Device is secure ? cannot be accessed by unauthorized users, easy and secure online management of device settings
* Seamless call hand-over ? start calls on your 3G MicroCell and continue without interruption, even if you leave the building.
* 3G wireless phone/device
* Broadband service over DSL or cable
* Computer with Internet access for online registration
* Installing your device near a window is strongly recommended to ensure access to Global Positioning System (GPS). A GPS link is needed to verify the device location during the initial startup.
* The 3G MicroCell device is portable. The device may be moved, provided the new location is within the AT&T authorized service area and properly registered online.
In addition, AT&T will offer a companion rate plan option for MicroCell customers ? especially customers on Family Talk plans -- who want to supplement their existing voice plans. For $19.99 a month, individual or Family Talk customers can make unlimited calls through a 3G MicroCell, without using minutes in their monthly wireless voice plan.
Consumers who select 3G MicroCell calling plans at purchase are also eligible to receive a $100 mail-in-rebate toward the purchase of AT&T 3G MicroCell ? effectively making the device about $50. Customers who also purchase a new line of broadband service with AT&T (DSL or U-verse 1.5MB or higher) are also eligible for $50 via mail-in-rebate? effectively making the device about $100. If a customer is eligible for both rebate options, the customer will be able to get the device for $0, after mail-in rebate.
For more information on AT&T 3G MicroCell, visit www.att.com/3gmicrocell
To read our latest phone reviews please visit:
Nokia Nuron on T-Mobile
Motorola CLIQ XT
BlackBerry Curve 8530
Palm Pre Plus and Palm Pixi Plus for Verizon
Google Nexus One Android Smartphone
Nokia N900 Unlocked GSM
More News. . .
2 registered and 2066 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Topic views: 4012
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5