General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
iPad Gaming Demo: Minigore HD
      #36617 - 04/04/10 04:35 PM

If you thought shooting the fur balls on the iPhone and iPod touch was fun, you are going to like it in HD on the iPad. John Gore takes up his machine gun and shotgun and ventures into that dark forest again to face the nasties on a bigger screen.

Minigore HD looks sharp on the iPad. The touch controls you see on the iPhone version aren't invisible on the iPad version: all you have to do is to tap the direction where the character needs to go, and he does it. Firing is automatic and so is weapon switching. The game offers 14 playable characters with their unique dialogues and outfits. Here is a game demo to show how smooth the control is:

We will have a full review coming. So stay tuned.

In the mean time, if you are interested in checking out our iPad video review here is the link for you:

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=36611

-----------------------------------------------------

Read our latest iPhone Game Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-game-reviews.htm

More News. . .

-----
MTR iPhone Game Reviews

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LordGek
PDA Addict

Reged: 08/13/02
Loc: California
Re: iPad Gaming Demo: Minigore HD [Re: Tong Zhang]
      #36630 - 04/05/10 06:01 PM

Hey Tong,

Wow, video reviews, niice!

Is there still a dual stick option for controls as the controls shown in this video look a bit awkward on the iPad.

Do the 14 character actually play uniquely in any way short of their own graphics and sounds? Like their own statistics or perhaps have unique weapons?

--------------------
Staff Reviewer at Mobile Tech Review

Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: iPad Gaming Demo: Minigore HD [Re: LordGek]
      #36638 - 04/06/10 01:39 AM

Glad you like the video, LG.

So there are two ways you can control the game, one is the way shown in the video, you just touch the direction where you want the guy and he will go there and start firing at anything nearby. Once he sees the target he will lock on and fire at them even if you go backwards, but you do have to get close for him to lock on. Another way is the same way as the iPhone where the left bottom corner is the dpad and the right bottom corner is the firing button.

So far as I can tell, every character has the same MO with the same weapons, movements and such. The dialogues are a bit different and the voices are definitely unique to each character. Like Santa will say things like "My fat will protect me", etc. Some characters are unlockable.

All in all gameplay isn't that different from the iPhone/iPod touch version though, but the bigger screen creates a different experience.

Full review coming!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 84 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5262

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage