Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
icepsyco

Reged: 04/03/10
Loc: Florida
Re: Video Review: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 with US 3G and Android [Re: LisaG]
      #36607 - 04/03/10 08:36 AM

First, great video review. I've been looking into this phone since it was announced last November (seems like forever ago!), but your video review was the first to show off features outside of time/mediascape.

With that said I have one question- when typing a text message, can you turn the phone and get a landscape keyboard? One website claimed that the landscape keyboard was only available for typing e-mails (not text messages), and I'm just trying to get confirmation of that.

If this is indeed the case- how is the portrait keyboard for typing? I've got relatively huge hands, so this is a major selling point for me- even more so than the OS version, lack of multitouch, no front-facing camera, etc. If I can't comfortably use the keyboard it might be a deal breaker on the phone I've been pining for ever since it was announced.

Thanks in advance for you help, and great video review/overview! I look forward to reading the in depth review here in the next few days!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Video Review: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 with US 3G and Android [Re: icepsyco]
      #36609 - 04/03/10 09:46 AM

It's true that you only get the portrait keyboard when composing an SMS. I'm not a big fan of the Sony Ericsson software keyboard on the X10a (both portait and landscape)-- it's oddly difficult to type on compared to other Android phones, even those with smaller displays. I haven't found a way to force it to use the standard Android keyboard either, but will try installing a 3rd party keyboard.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Video Review: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 with US 3G and Android [Re: LisaG]
      #36690 - 04/09/10 10:17 AM

Here is our full review of the Xperia X10:

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/phones/Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-X10.htm

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 47 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 28931

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage