Samsung Mobile and Sprint today announced the availability of the Samsung Seek, an affordable and compact messaging device featuring a full-QWERTY slide-out keyboard and intuitive touchscreen.
The Samsung Seek features a full-QWERTY slide-out keyboard, intuitive touchscreen and the speed of Sprint?s 3G network. Customers can express their individual style with three color options and an easy-to-use, customizable menu system that provides instant access to their favorite features and applications.
Samsung Seek is now available in Cool Blue and Scarlet Red in all Sprint retail channels, including online (www.sprint.com) and Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1) for $29.99 with a new two-year service agreement, after a $50 mail-in rebate (taxes and surcharges excluded). It will be available in Fantasy Pink beginning June 6.
Samsung Seek Features:
* Instant access to social networking sites, such as Facebook, Twitter and MySpace
* 1.3 megapixel camera
* Built-in music player with microSD card slot (supports up to 32GB)
* Customizable menu system
* Three exciting color options ? cool blue, scarlet red and fantasy pink
* Access to corporate and POP3 e-mail, including AOL, Gmail, Yahoo! and MSN/Windows Live Hotmail
* Downloadable games and applications
* Slide-out, full QWERTY keyboard
* Text messaging (SMS) and Multimedia Messaging (MMS) support
* Web browser capabilities
* Automatic speech recognition
* Sprint Picture Mail
* Dedicated keys for quick access to popular applications
* Contact and calendar sync
* Wireless Backup to restore contacts if the device is lost, stolen or damaged
* Dimensions: 4.1 x 2.1 x 0.6 inches; 3.9 ounces
* Display: 2.6? QVGA 262K TFT inches TFT (240 x 320 pixels and 65k)
* Standard 1000 mAh battery: up to 5.8 hours continuous talk time
More about the phone's features and eco-friendly packaging:
Samsung Seek provides convenient messaging features, including threaded text messaging, picture messaging, instant messaging and quick shortcuts to popular social networking applications such as Facebook, Twitter and MySpace. It also makes multitasking simple. Customers can listen to their favorite songs while surfing the Web, playing games or checking e-mail. Features include a 1.3 megapixel camera, expandable memory with microSD card (supports up to 32GB) and Sprint Family Locator. Customers don?t have to wait for technology to catch up with their lives; Sprint provides advanced technology so they can get what they want, now! The Now Network is about matching human needs with technology to give people the wireless experience they want.
Innovative Environmentally Friendly Packaging
With the launch of Samsung Seek, Sprint and Samsung are the first in the United States to trial a new recycling solution that enables customers to easily reuse the packaging to ship old wireless phones, batteries, accessories and data cards with a postage-paid paper mailing label. Customers who purchase the Cool Blue or Fantasy Pink Samsung Seek can use the label and box to repackage their old equipment for recycling in less than one minute and at no charge. Sprint will recycle both the equipment and the box. To compare the performance of this new solution, the Scarlet Red Samsung Seek will contain the traditional postage-paid envelope made of LDPE #4 recyclable plastic for customers to recycle their old wireless device.
Samsung Seek eco-friendly packaging:
- Several plastic elements ? the inner tray, bags for literature and the battery, and mailing envelope ? are replaced with paper-based solutions.
- Box and inner tray contain at least 90 percent post-consumer waste (PCW) paper fiber, are 100 percent recyclable, and come from sustainable forests. Top sheets and liners are chlorine-free, printed with soy inks, and have a water-based aqueous coating.
- Mailing label contains 30 percent PCW paper fiber, is 100 percent recyclable, has a water-based acrylic adhesive, and is attached with glue dots that are RoHS and REACH compliant.
- Literature band contains at least 30 percent PCW paper fiber and is 100 percent recyclable.
To read our latest phone reviews please visit:
Microsoft KIN One and KIN Two
HTC Incredible on Verizon
HTC HD2 for T-Mobile
Nokia Nuron on T-Mobile
Motorola CLIQ XT
BlackBerry Curve 8530
More News. . .
0 registered and 618 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Topic views: 5554
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5