General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Android phone review: LG Ally on Verizon
      #37059 - 05/13/10 09:10 PM

The LG Ally is the latest Android smartphone to join Verizon's lineup and we suspect it will trounce the similarly designed but more expensive Motorola Devour. Though the LG has fairly high end specs, it doesn't get the Droid designation (we're not sure what's up with that Droid thing). It has a 3.2", 800 x 480 capacitive touchscreen with multi-touch pinch zooming, an accelerometer and Android OS 2.1 Eclair. The slide-out QWERTY keyboard is roomy and better than the Moto Droid's and call quality is tops. The phone has WiFi, Bluetooth, a GPS that works with Google Maps (no VZ Navigator here) and a 3.2 megapixel camera that takes good photos. Definitely worth a look if you're craving a reasonably priced Android smartphone with a keyboard.

Read our LG Ally review.

-

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
marshallj

Reged: 05/14/10
Re: Android phone review: LG Ally on Verizon [Re: LisaG]
      #37067 - 05/14/10 01:32 PM

Great review - first I've read pointing out the resolution/screen size and its affect on viewing content. Does anyone know if you can change the resolution to alleviate this issue? If so, how difficult to toggle (surfing versus video)?

I have an LG ENV3 and love the physical keyboard (large hands with a slight tremor) - was considering Incredible but the battery and reception issues have me concerned. This review, and others, have me leaning toward the LG Ally...

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Android phone review: LG Ally on Verizon [Re: marshallj]
      #37068 - 05/14/10 01:41 PM

There's no way to change the resolution-- that's a ubiquitous feature on PCs but not phones and smartphones. However, pinch zooming really helps to effectively reduce resolution by making the elements of a web page or a photo larger.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 149 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6149

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage