General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Sony Unveils VAIO J All-in-One Touch Screen PC with Blu-ray
      #37349 - 06/08/10 09:25 AM

Sony today unveiled its new, affordable touch-enabled, multi-media machine, the VAIO J Touch All-In-One PC. The VAIO J series features a 21.5" multi-touch screen that's 1920 x 1080 in resolution, a Blu-ray Disc on select models. Here is more info on the Sony VAIO J:

The J Series comes with three unique hardware buttons: VAIO, ASSIST and DISPLAY OFF to get you to where you want to go with a touch of a button.

Launch directly into Sony?s own Media Gallery software by pushing the designated VAIO button and simplify your music library. With Media Gallery you can automatically create 21 unique channels of music based on beat, tone, rhythm and other elements. It also enables you to rediscover forgotten favorites by recommending content you already own based on your unique listening and viewing habits.

By utilizing built-in wireless 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi technology and your wireless router (required, sold separately), you can position the model virtually anywhere in your home and access the Internet, email or home network.

A built-in webcam with face-tracking technology and microphone let you video chat with colleagues. Included Webcam Message Board software makes it easy to create video messages or leave handwritten notes on the screen. A third-party internet service provider is required.

The unit packs a powerful 2010 Intel Core processor (select models), loads of RAM, and an optional dedicated NVIDIA GeForce series graphics for graphic-intense gaming and movies. It comes with Windows 7 Home Premium or Professional 64-bit operating system.

VAIO J Specs:

Display
* 21.5" Full HD Premium VAIO Display1
* 1920 x 1080 resolution

Audio
* Dolby Home Theater technology

Weights and Measurements
* 21.6lbs (CPU and Display only)
* 20.7" (W) x 15.7" (H) x 7.3" (D)

Color Options
* Black

Performance
* Available Intel Core i7-620M Processor (2.66GHz), Intel Core i3 and i5 processors also available
* Up to 3.33GHz available with Turbo Boost Technology3 (i5 and i7 processors only)
* Up to 4MB L2 Cache

Memory & Storage
* Up to 500GB (7200rpm) HDD available4
* Up to 6GB DDR3 SDRAM

Expansion Slots
* Memory Stick PRO (Duo only)
* SD memory card slot

Hardware
* QWERTY keyboard with 10-digit keypad, 103 keys with 2.0mm stroke and 19.05mm pitch
* Built-in MOTION EYE? camera and microphone

Graphics
* NVIDIA GeForce 310M GPU available
* Up to 512MB dedicated video RAM
* Mobile Intel HM55 Express Chipset

Optical
* CD/DVD player/burner
* Blu-ray Disc player2 with CD/DVD player/burner

The VAIO J Touch All-in-one PC will start at about $900. It is available for pre-orders today online at www.sonystyle.com/pr/jseries It will also be sold at Sony Style stores and select retailers around the country starting next month.

-----------------------------------------------------

Read our latest notebook reviews:

Toshiba Satellite M505
Lenovo ThinkPad X100e
Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 13"
Toshiba Qosmio X505
Gateway LT2118u
Lenovo ThinkPad T410
HP TouchSmart TM2/TM2t
HP Envy 15

More News. . .

-----
MTR News

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 65 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2988

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage