MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
sybilla

Reged: 06/21/10
Does HTC TouchPro 2 have transcriber
      #37518 - 06/21/10 02:03 PM

I am thinking of upgrading from my HTC TouchPro to the TouchPro 2, but need to know for sure that the Transcriber features are the same, because I am so dependent on writing, not typing. I know the stylus is not magnetic - very disappointing - but can I still write in Calendar, Notes, Text Msg etc.? Is there another WinMo smartphone with a better transcriber?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Does HTC TouchPro 2 have transcriber [Re: sybilla]
      #37522 - 06/21/10 03:04 PM

The HTC Touch Pro2 doesn't come with Transcriber. It seems to be disappearing from recent Windows Mobile QWERTY phones . There are sites that have it for download if you're willing to go that route. They've extracted the program from other phones and shared it on the Net.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

diva86o4

Re: Does HTC TouchPro 2 have transcriber [Re: LisaG]
      #37533 - 06/21/10 07:00 PM

sorry i dont see how to start a new thread. im looking at the htc tilt 2 as an upgrade to the Samsung impression. I am loyal to Samsung because most of the newer phones have two distinct features that i am looking for: Call block and the ability to lock applications i.e. my stuff, address book, and recent calls. Does the tilt 2 have the ability to do this?

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Does HTC TouchPro 2 have transcriber [Re: diva86o4]
      #37535 - 06/21/10 08:23 PM

The Tilt2 has call barring, and that allows you to block incoming calls, outgoing calls when roaming and block making international calls. It doesn't block single phone numbers though.

You can lock the phone itself with a password, but there's no way to lock individual applications while leaving access open to others.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

sybilla

Re: Does HTC TouchPro 2 have transcriber [Re: LisaG]
      #37580 - 06/24/10 09:15 AM

That is so disappointing, and different from what the review on this site said (http://www.mobiletechreview.com/phones/HTC-Touch-Pro2.htm under the keyboard image), but I'm not shocked because I've seen conflicting reports.

So how do I find and get a download? I'm still waiting for my phone, but want to be ready to tweak it up to speed and I am clueless about these things. Windows says you can download theirs (from 2003!) here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...;DisplayLang=en but your approach sounds better than that.

How do I find these downloads?

Thanks.

sybilla

Re: Does HTC TouchPro 2 have transcriber [Re: sybilla]
      #37581 - 06/24/10 09:48 AM

OMG - I can't believe I found my own answer! Although I haven't tried this yet (and had to dig it out of a cached page from Korea), HTC apparently created a fix for this very problem at http://www.htc.com/www/SupportDownload.aspx?p_id=250&cat=0&dl_id=822

I'm hoping if they created this fix/upgrade, that maybe my new phone WON'T have transcriber disabled. That would explain the conflicting reports

I'm just hoping my prayers have been answered and maybe this will help someone else too!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4993

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage