MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Miscellaneous

Pages: 1
Ravicai

Reged: 06/30/08
Current survey on the front page - why no suggestions?
      #37671 - 06/30/10 09:48 PM

I have to say, I'm a bit disappointing by the survey on the front page. Here I was hoping you guys were eliciting opinions/suggestions for the website, but alas it turned out to be a marketing survey.

The reviews on this website are generally helpful, but I think the user interface leaves much to be desired. Let's not mince words; the website looks like something I would see on the internet circa 1999. I have a feeling the page views on this site as well as the traffic on the forum would shoot through the roof if you overhauled the interface. Seriously, I love you guys, but it's hard to take this site seriously with the current design. If I was a new visitor I'd think this was one of those domain-squatter spam pages based on appearance.

One other gripe while we are gripping; I wish the reviews were as technical as they used to be back in the PPC days. I could depend on benchmarks back then and comparisons on video playback including FPS. Today the reviews seem way simplified.

Don't think I don't love you guys. I obvious still visit this site for a reason. I just hope to see some much needed improvements soon.

Your fan,
- Ravicai

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Current survey on the front page - why no suggestions? [Re: Ravicai]
      #37680 - 07/01/10 02:06 PM

That survey, like most you'll see on websites, is actually run by our ad serving company. This is a common practice as ad companies try to determine info about visitors for marketing purposes, and this particular survey is running on 120 tech sites right now (all the the sites work with the same large ad serving firm).

Sorry you don't like our design though.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5665

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage