Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
khorn

Reged: 07/16/10
Lenovo X201 Tablet Touchscreen Pen question
      #37850 - 07/16/10 05:15 PM

Hello,

I recently purchased the Lenovo X201 tablet based on your review on Youtube. Which Wacom driver did you use to activate the pen's sensitivity? I installed a Wacom Bamboo driver but couldn't get the sensitivity working. So then I uninstalled it and now my touchscreen has stopped working! I got the pen working again (by installing the Bamboo Fun driver) but the sensitivity is still not there.

So my questions: how can I get the touchscreen working again (Is there a driver/software I need to reinstall?) and how can I get the pen sensitivity to activate?

Please help!

Anyone?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Lenovo X201 Tablet Touchscreen Pen question [Re: khorn]
      #37861 - 07/17/10 08:34 PM

I installed the Wacom Pen tablet drivers (the Bamboo drivers should do). Our review unit had the pen digitizer but not touch. Yours with touch uses additional drivers. Generally you have to uninstall the existing pen drivers (but not the touch drivers), then reboot. After rebooting, install the pen driver from Wacom's website.

It sounds like you might have deleted the touch screen drivers or they somehow got axed. I'd check Lenovo's website and see if you can download the touch screen drivers. Otherwise the recovery app might be a way to re-install the drivers.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

khorn

Re: Lenovo X201 Tablet Touchscreen Pen question [Re: LisaG]
      #37877 - 07/19/10 04:33 PM

Thanks for this info. I ended up installing the Wacom Bamboo pen and touch driver (before I got this message) and that seemed to re-activate the touchscreen...I think. Either that or it was the Recover App of Windows update that I ran.The touchscreen is working but the pen still has no sensitivity. I tried adjusting the settings in the Wacom Bamboo preferences but it gives me an error message that I don't have that particular Wacom tablet. Weird stuff. Could it be that the touchscreen tablet just doesn't have sensitivity for Photoshop? Or that I'm missing something in Photoshop settings? Sketchbook Pro's sensitivity seems to work fine. Why would Photoshop be any different?

I'm hesitant to uninstall stuff again as I don't want to lose the touch capability...

Thanks for your help. If you or anyone else has any more insight I'd appreciate it.

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Lenovo X201 Tablet Touchscreen Pen question [Re: khorn]
      #37884 - 07/20/10 12:59 AM

I'd be really surprised if your X201 lacked pressure sensitivity-- it's just getting all the drivers right that can be a pain. Photoshop should just work if the driver it wants is present, but you can check the pressure setting option under the paint tool prefs.

Wacom now has a Tablet PC driver for pen pressure sensitivity available for download if you feel like giving it another shot: http://www.wacom.com/tabletpc/driver.cfm .

I'd uninstall the Bamboo drivers before installing the tablet PC driver.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

khorn

Re: Lenovo X201 Tablet Touchscreen Pen question [Re: LisaG]
      #37895 - 07/20/10 07:16 PM

Yeah...none of this is working on getting the sensitivity in Photoshop. I uninstall the Wacom Drivers and then I lose the touchscreen capability. I reinstall the touchscreen driver and the Wacom driver and I get the touchscreen with the pen but without the sensitivity in Photoshop! This is incredibly frustrating!!!! Mostly because I do Google searches with people talking about older Lenovo tablets (the 200) and the solution just seems to be install the Wacom Bamboo driver (but no one says which Bamboo Driver)...but that's not working for me!!! I must be doing something wrong...I just can't figure out what! Does anyone out there have a step by step process for getting the pen sensitivity working in the X201? I wouldn't believe it was even possible if not for seeing it on the video review on Youtube... It's not like the Lenovo forums are any help!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 10148

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage