Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Jacob_SpindelModerator
Moderator and writer

Reged: 11/21/05
iPod News: Apple Reinvents iPod nano With Multi-Touch Interface
      #38396 - 09/01/10 01:30 PM

Apple today unveiled a completely redesigned iPod nano featuring Apple's Multi-Touch interface that lets users navigate their music collection by simply tapping or swiping a finger on the display. Nearly half the size and weight of the previous generation, the new iPod nano features a polished aluminum and glass enclosure with a built-in clip, making it instantly wearable. The new iPod nano features Genius Mixes, the ability to create and edit playlists, a built-in FM radio with live pause and up to 24 hours of music playback on a single battery charge. Here is more info:

The new iPod nano with Apple's Multi-Touch interface allows users to access their songs, artists, albums and playlists with a tap or swipe of their finger on the display. Holding down a finger returns the user to the Home screen, and users can easily use two fingers to rotate the screen if it is clipped onto their clothing upside down. Users can also customize their Home screen by simply dragging icons from other screens onto the Home screen.

iPod nano also features Shake to Shuffle, giving music lovers the ability to shake their iPod nano to shuffle to a new song in their music library. With its built-in FM radio, iPod nano lets you listen to your favorite radio stations, and live pause lets you pause and resume playing your favorite FM radio shows without missing a beat.

With an amazing new design that is nearly half the size and weight of its predecessor, the new ultra-portable iPod nano is a natural workout companion. Clip iPod nano onto your workout clothing, touch your music and start your workout. iPod nano features a built-in pedometer that makes it easy to track your steps and also supports Nike + iPod, giving users the ability to track runs and workouts.

Apple's new holiday lineup includes a brand new iPod shuffle for just $49; the new iPod nano with Multi-Touch starting at $149; the incredible new iPod touch with Retina display, Apple's A4 chip, FaceTime, HD video recording and Game Center starting at just $229; and iPod classic in a 160GB model for $249.

Pricing & Availability

The new iPod nano will be available next week for a suggested price of $149 (US) for the 8GB model and $179 (US) for the 16GB model. Both models are available in silver, graphite, blue, green, orange and pink through the Apple Store (www.apple.com), Apple?s retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers. The 8GB and 16GB iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED is available through the Apple Store (www.apple.com) and Apple's retail stores.

-----------------------------------------------------

Read our iPod and iPhone product reviews:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPod.htm

More News. . .

Edited by Tong Zhang (09/01/10 01:36 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jacob_SpindelModerator
Moderator and writer

Reged: 11/21/05
Re: iPod News: Apple Reinvents iPod nano With Multi-Touch Interface [Re: Jacob_Spindel]
      #38412 - 09/02/10 12:40 PM

Editorial:
I am shocked that Apple removed video-playback capability from the sixth-gen nano, after the 3rd, 4th, and 5th generations all had it. I didn't realize initially that they had taken away this essential feature, but now I don't think I would give any serious consideration to buying one.

--------------------
Chief iPod Correspondent
Senior Time Waster
Extreme Moderator
Moderate Extremist
Captain of the Planet Express
Assistant Jedi Librarian
--------------------

spaztrigger
PDA Addict

Reged: 05/17/10
Loc: Texas
Re: iPod News: Apple Reinvents iPod nano With Multi-Touch Interface [Re: Jacob_Spindel]
      #38414 - 09/02/10 03:55 PM

First came an iPod touch.
Then came the bigger[b/] iPod touch(iPad)
Finally.... The even smaller[b/] iPod touch(iPod nano)

--------------------
A proud reviewer of MobileTechREview!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 135 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5650

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage