Kobo ebook reader will be preloaded on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet giving user easy access to Kobo's store of more than 2.2 million books. Kobo has announced plans to develop a social eReading application leveraging the new BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) social platform. Here is more info on Kobo ebook app for the upcoming BlackBerry PlayBook:
Key features of the Kobo eBook app on the BlackBerry PlayBook are:
* Integrated shopping. The Kobo store offers more than 2.2 million titles and the catalogue includes bestsellers, new releases and over 1 million free books. International stores feature region-specific content and pricing.
* Find books easily. Extensive categories and recommended reading lists help readers find their next great read.
* Choose library view. See your collection of books in a list, or on Kobo?s beautiful virtual bookshelf.
* Customizable reading options. Personalize text size, font and style. Switch between day and night reading mode or customize a specific brightness setting.
* Easy navigation. Tap to turn pages, scroll quickly through a book, or use the Table of Contents to jump between sections.
* Switch views. Kobo will automatically switch from landscape to portrait view as the BlackBerry PlayBook is turned.
* Read anywhere. Kobo also offers free reading applications for BlackBerry smartphones, computers and other devices, which all sync together across a user?s account. Kobo members can pick up and read on any device without ever losing their place.
* Open platform. Kobo supports open standards, including EPUB, PDF, allowing customers to buy once and read anywhere, or read free choosing from over 1 million free titles from Kobo or visiting public eBook libraries.
* Social shopping and shared eReading will be introduced upon availability of the BBM Social Platform. Watch a video of what Kobo is planning at http://blog.kobobooks.com/BBM