MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Wireless and Mobile Phones >> Android Phones and Tablets

Pages: 1
holson

Reged: 07/17/10
LG Ally Question
      #37863 - 07/17/10 04:40 PM

I'm getting the LG Ally and I have a question about it. Some of the movies you get now come with digital copies and I'm wondering if these will play on the Ally? Any information would be helpful, thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: LG Ally Question [Re: holson]
      #37867 - 07/18/10 10:22 AM

I've not yet purchased a DVD that came with a digital copy for mobile devices, but I'd say it depends on the DRM that's used on the digital copy. If there's a video player app that supports the DRM used on the digital version, then it should play.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

vanessa

Reged: 08/09/10
Loc: California
Re: LG Ally Question [Re: LisaG]
      #38167 - 08/09/10 04:52 PM

I just got my LG Ally and would like to not have names added to my favorites list in the call window. I am able to delete call history, just not favorites. I want to either have the phone not add to my favorites or be able to delete them.

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: LG Ally Question [Re: vanessa]
      #38171 - 08/09/10 10:32 PM

Favorites are something that you pick and assign. They show up at the top of the favorites list and have a gold star next to the name. Below those, Android shows your contacts in alphabetical order. As far as I know, there's no way to suppress the display of the contacts list.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

mycmow

Reged: 10/15/10
Re: LG Ally Question [Re: LisaG]
      #38832 - 10/15/10 11:34 AM

When I first got this LG Ally I loved it. I?ve had it for about five months now and it is, without a doubt, the most frustrating device of any kind I have ever had to endure since my first cell phone back in 1990.

Background - it has the latest 2.1 update from Verizon. No third party apps loaded.

Battery life is no where close to advertised. You?re lucky to get a full day of use out of this thing. If you actually make calls with it expect to recharge at least once a day and that is with an extended battery installed.

Corporate calendar rarely works and is incomplete. You have to create a Gmail calendar and sync to it for calendar to be useful.

Corporate email - forget it. I?ve had to do a factory reset every day for the past three weeks. Email works fine for a couple of hours and then it all goes crazy. The system closes email after 8-10 seconds. If you open an email within that time the system closes the message after 3-5 seconds, and then closes the email app after another 2-3 seconds.

With no apps loaded this thing regularly shows 10mb of available memory. How can there only be 10MB of memory with no apps running?

Before anyone starts responding with suggested fixes - I?ve tried them all from every blog and Verizion?s minimalist support page. Disabled voice privacy; done the #*#*4636*#*# thing; not loaded any other apps except Advanced Task Killer as recommended by Verizon and most every blog; I?ve changed the battery; done soft boots, factory resets all to no avail. I?ve checked all the other settings to make sure there were no conflicts and things are getting worse every day.

If you are considering this phone - DON?T WASTE YOU MONEY. If somone offers you one for free - TURN THEM DOWN.

As flaky as my old Blackberry was it at least worked 95% of the time. The LG Ally work 5% of the time if you are lucky.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6039

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage