General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Hands on with the Lenovo ThinkPad X120e and Lenovo ThinkPad Edge
      #39649 - 01/10/11 03:17 PM

There's something about that classic Lenovo ThinkPad look that still makes my geekish heart go pitter-pat. The Lenovo ThinkPad X120e is the successor to the ThinkPad X100e and it's got that classic ThinkPad look and feel at a price that's super nice. While the X100e wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, the X120e gets a brain transplant courtesy of the AMD Fusion platform. Graphics numbers and battery life particularly benefit. Better yet, the X120e will sell for less than the already budget priced X100e. We spent a little quality time with this 11.6" not really a netbook and snapped some photos for you! Release date? February. Price? starting at $400.

We also played with the revised Lenovo ThinkPad Edge, otherwise known as the ThinkPad for budget conscious folks whose hearts don't necessarily skip a beat when they see a ThinkPad X201 or T410. The ThinkPad Edge previously had a glossy top and a more consumer-oriented design. Lenovo must have realized that their rubbery soft-touch finish is a hallmark of their brand, so they lost the gloss for the revision. What we now have is subjectively much better looking notebook that won't show scratches and fingerprints like mad.

The new Edge isn't just about looks: the entire line is getting a refresh with Intel's second generation Core i processors for significantly better graphics performance with Intel integrated graphics and a smaller bump in CPU performance. Only Intel's high end 2nd gene Core i7 CPUs will ship soon, we'll have to wait a month or two or three to see the entire Edge series refreshes ship.

-----------------------------------------------------

Check out our latest notebook and tablet reviews:

Lenovo IdeaPad U260
Samsung Galaxy Tab
Toshiba Libretto W105
Toshiba Portege R705
Sony VAIO P 2010 second Gen
Apple MacBook 2010 White Unibody
Toshiba Portege M780 Tablet PC
Toshiba Satellite M505
Lenovo ThinkPad X100e
Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 13"

More News. . .

-----
MTR News

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Edited by Tong Zhang (01/10/11 03:21 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 145 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5906

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage