We might think that Verizon's 4G LTE is great for watching Hulu or video calling when we tested the LG VL600 4G LTE USB modem, but Verizon this week will spend most time talking about their LTE network services, and the center topic is Voice over LTE or VoLTE.
Even though perhaps the biggest news coming from MWC so far is that Verizon Wireless will be the first carrier to ship the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play in the U.S. (See this if you missed it: http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=39955) the Verizon executives in charge of 4G will speak on all four days of the conference talking about LTE mobile broadband opportunities and innovations.
If you are in Barcelona for the conference, check out the speeches from Verizon executives:
Monday, Feb. 14
* Lindsay Notwell, executive director of 4G strategy, speaking at LTE Deployment Challenges & Opportunities as part of RCR Wireless News Mobile Broadband: Innovation & Opportunity (2:00 p.m. in Hall 2, Sala D)
* Marjorie Hsu, vice president of product development, speaking at Mobile Broadband - An Update on HSPA+ and LTE (3:30 p.m. in GSMA Seminar Theatre, Hall 7)
* Lindsay Notwell, executive director of 4G strategy, speaking at North America Operator Plans as part of GSMA Rich Communications Suite/Solutions seminar (5:55 p.m. in GSMA Seminar Theatre, Hall 7)
Tuesday, Feb. 15
* Chris Neisinger, executive director of network, speaking at Network Breaking Point (4:00 p.m. in Hall 5, Room 6)
Wednesday, Feb. 16
* Bill Stone, executive director of network, speaking at Regional Focus: Spotlight on the USA (2:00 p.m. in Hall 5, Room 6)
Thursday, Feb. 17
* Lindsay Notwell, executive director of 4G strategy, speaking at The Transformational Impacts of 4G LTE as part of Technology Evolution Conference Track (10:00 a.m. in Hall 5, Auditorium 2)