If you still haven't received OTA Android 2.2 Froyo update on your Samsung Epic 4G, Sprint released instructions for you to update it manual via your PC or Mac. Here is more info:
This update include Android 2.2 Froyo release which adds and changes:
* Home Screen: o New Home screen tips widget assists new users on how to configure the home screen with shortcuts and widgets and how to make use of multiple home screens. o If your zoom in with two fingers in the home screen, all panels are shown in one screen and the end user can remove the panel and/or add. The max panel number is 7. o The Phone, applications launcher, contacts and messaging now have dedicated shortcuts on the Home screen, making it easy to access them from any of the 7 home screen panels.
* Exchange Support o Improved security with the addition of numeric pin or alpha-numeric password options to unlock device. Exchange administrators can enforce password policy across devices. o Remote wipe: Exchange administrators can remotely reset the device to factory defaults to secure data in case device is lost or stolen. o Auto-discovery: you just need to know your user-name and password to easily set up and sync an Exchange account (available for Exchange 2007 and higher). o Global Address Lists look-up is now available in the Email application, enabling users to auto-complete recipient names from the directory.
* Device Policy Manager o New device policy management APIs allow developers to write "device administrator" applications that can control security features on the device, such as the minimum password strength, data wipe, and so on. Users can select the administrators that are enabled on their devices.
* Data Backup o Apps can participate in data backup and restore, to ensure that users maintain their data after performing a factory reset or when switching devices.
* Flash Player o Device supports Flash Player 10.1
* Lock Screen o New lock screen mode for entering a numeric pin or alphanumeric password
* Application On External Storage o Ability to store and run non-forward locked apps on the SD card
* Media Framework o New media framework (Stagefright) that supports local file playback and HTTP progressive streaming
* Kernel Upgrade o SDIO scheduling and BT improvements
The software EB13 updates:
* Improvements: o Email: Now able to download & open attachment from RTF formatted email. Also, default email size changed o Qik: 90 degree rotation is now supported. o Hotspot: Added timeout setting (Menu>Advanced>Power Mode). Furthermore, added more authentication methods. o Calendar: A dialer can now be launched to call phone numbers within a calendar event when a number is selected. In addition, action is now able to be taken on received meeting invites
* Modifications: o Default Email Sig: Changed default email signature to "Sent from Samsung Mobile" o Data Roaming: Data Roaming is now set On by default. o Browser: Zoom button now appears. In addition, Autofit is defaulted o Alarm: Snooze option defaulted when alarm is created o Trash: Changed veribage as there is no Trash folder on server
* Fixes: o Media Hub: Application doesn't work at times. New application release corrected problem. o EAS OOO: Meeting responses were not working. o Lock-up During Gmail: When syncing (sending a picture through Gmail, would cause phone to lock up. o Dialer SK: Sometime during in-call state, softkey wouldn't respond. o Bluetooth: Corrected a couple of Bluetooth related problems regarding volume & pairing. o Barcode Apps: Barcode applications would crash frequently. o Unsolicited Power-Off: Device would power off due to low battery. o Force Close: Resolved several force close problems relating to creating email folders, moving through fields, etc... o Document Saved: When attempting to edit a saved doc, shift and function would not work. The Viewer has been updated.
If you are using a PC you must use:
COMPUTER * Desktop/Laptop Computer Running 32bit Versions Of Either Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, or XP (SP2+) * All Firewall & Anti-Virus Programs Should Be Disabled * Administrative Privileges Required To Download & Install Software Including Drivers * An Available USB Port On The PC That Supports USB 2.0 * Close All Running Programs
PHONE * Fully Charged Battery
OTHER * USB Data Cable (Included In Retail Box) * Any Previous Samsung SimplePST Lite Software Should Be Removed
COMPUTER * OSX later than 10.5 * All Firewall & Anti-Virus Programs Should Be Disabled * Administrative Privileges Required To Download & Transfer Software * An Available USB Port On The Mac * Close All Running Programs