Verizon Wireless today made a software update available for the Droid Incredible 2. The new software upgrades Incredible 2 customers to Gingerbread, Android 2.3 with following enhancements:
Email and Messaging
- Overall improvements to the performance of Mobile IM.
- Resolved Hotmail sync & connect issues when setting up a one day sync.
- Improvements to device connectivity when roaming on global GSM/UMTS networks.
- Download Manager App:
? New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing and other apps.
- App and Power Management Details:
? Under Manage Applications, a new ?Running? tab displays a list of active applications and the storage and memory being used by each.
- Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality:
? New capability to select a word via press-hold. A second press of the selected word copies the selected characters.
- Alarm notifications will be turned off while in Emergency Mode.
- Improved stability reduces device resets & lockups.
- NY Times website has been added to the browser bookmarks.
- Addition of the Wireless Charging UI (including Wallpaper and popups when the device is charging wirelessly).
- New Desktop Dock App.
Customers can download the update by going to Settings > Software Update > Check new on their device. For detailed instructions on how to update your software visit: http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/incredible2_instructions.pdf
Check out our latest phone reviews please visit:
HTC EVO 3D
HTC Sensation 4G
Motorola Droid X2
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
Samsung Infuse 4G on AT&T
Nexus S 4G on Sprint
Droid Charge by Samsung
More News. . .
0 registered and 565 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Topic views: 5181
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5