MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
angelicman

Reged: 08/01/08
Loc: California
New Blackberry
      #41180 - 08/17/11 10:33 PM

I am looking forward to reading your complete review of 9860, hopefully before Sunday ;-) I am eligible for upgrade, so I can get an upgrade price for 9810. I am using 9700 now. What would you recommend me getting? 9900, 9860, or 9810? I am used to have physical keyboard, as I am using 9700 now. But, I can type fast with my playbook too (but then the playbook has much bigger screen than most touch screen phone). My preference is to have a good phone (great in pulling weak signal), great voice quality (especially outgoing voice - this is for my mother), and good looking phone (high quality as well as thin). I am confused among the three new ones. Which one would you recommend me? Thank you.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: New Blackberry [Re: angelicman]
      #41181 - 08/18/11 10:34 AM

I'd lean heavily toward the Bold 9900. Especially if you're coming from a 9700-- the sweet form factor is still there, but improved. I too can type very quickly on my PlayBook, but the 3.7" display on the Torch 9860 isn't anything like it when it comes to typing quickly and easily.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

angelicman

Reged: 08/01/08
Loc: California
Re: New Blackberry [Re: LisaG]
      #41196 - 08/19/11 08:42 PM

Thank you Lisa - I'll get 9900. The problem is I don't think AT&T will have it until around November? I can switch to Sprint as I am already out of contract, but I just wonder if Sprint is worse than AT&T. Coverage in my area is about the same for both AT&T and Sprint, so it's a matter of how reliable the service is and how good of customer service is. It seems like you have all carriers, what do you think of the two in term of the reliability of the service (voice and data) as well as customer service (perhaps hit and miss for all carriers when it comes to customer service?)?

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: New Blackberry [Re: angelicman]
      #41197 - 08/19/11 10:41 PM

Reliability in terms of call quality and reception is definitely a region-by-region thing. Both carriers have generally good coverage nationally, but I give AT&T the definite advantage in terms of data speeds. Sprint had a bad customer service reputation, but they really turned things around, so they might be on par with AT&T now.

I find it hard to believe the rumors that say AT&T won't get the Bold 9900 until November. I can't think of a good reason why it would take them 4 months longer than T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizon to get the most popular BlackBerry model.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3233

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage