Verizon Wireless has begun pushing an update for the Droid 2 by Motorola. The software updates the Droid 2 to Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Here is more info:
This software update enhances:
- Download Manager App: New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing, email attachments and other apps.
- App and Power Management Details: Under Manage Applications, a new ?Running? tab displays a list of active applications, as well as the storage and memory being used by each.
- Multi-Touch Key-Chording: New ability to enter numbers and symbols with keyboard shortcut combos, without having to change to the numeric keyboard mode.
- Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality: New capability to select a word via press-hold. A second press of the selected word copies the selected characters.
- New User Interface and Color Scheme: New widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.
- Dock Icons: Three swappable icons and the App Launcher icon are fixed to the Dock at the bottom of all home screen panels for easy and instant access. The Phone, App Launcher and Contacts icons are now within this customizable dock.
- App Groups: New App Menu allows creation of custom app groups, in addition to 3 default groups: All Apps, Recent and Downloaded.
- Security: Added Device and SD Card encryption. VPN enhancements integrate IPSec VPN clients into device security settings.
Web Browsing and Data Access
- Improved battery life while using Wi-Fi. + Fixed issue that caused frequent data connection drops. + Mobile Hotspot status is displayed accurately.
Email and Messaging
- Email application:
? Improved contact syncing from multiple accounts.
? Email pushes now work correctly when using Exchange ActiveSync.
? Exchange ActiveSync account setup will accurately present server option.
- Correct contact name is displayed when receiving SMS messages.
- Emoticons are displayed in messages. + Forward SMS message conversations accurately. + Notification LED will flash when new message is received.
Applications and Widgets
- Access My Verizon without any force close errors.
- Compass calibration within Google Maps syncs accurately with your location.
- Geo-tagging features available for camera applications.
- Clock widget updates time correctly.
- Callback numbers now populate in Dialer app.
- GPS apps and programs no longer cause unnecessary device resets.
- Google Books is now preloaded.
- V CAST Apps is now preloaded.
- V CAST Media Manager is now preloaded.
- Blockbuster movie rentals license remains active after download.
- Keypad backlight turns on in darker settings.
- Improvements in screen display no longer causes display screen to turn black.
- Fixed issue that caused factory resets when the device?s mobile number is changed.
- Fixed issue that caused device reset and a black display screen after over the air upgrades.
If you have a Droid 2 by Motorola on Verizon, you can also download the update by going to Settings > About Phone > System Updates
For more info and instructions visit http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/droid_2_instructions.pdf
Check out our latest phone reviews please visit:
BlackBerry Bold 9930 on Verizon
LG Thrill 4G
BlackBerry Torch 9850 on Sprint Video Review
Motorola Photon 4G Video Review
4G BlackBerry Torch 9810
HTC Wildfire S
Samsung Conquer 4G
Droid 3 by Motorola
T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide by HTC Video Review
More News. . .
0 registered and 1214 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Topic views: 5932
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5