The Windows Phone 7.5, Mango update is starting to roll out today for the HTC Trophy on Verizon Wireless. When the update is ready for their device, customers will receive a notification to their handset and can then install the update via the Zune software on their Windows PC or the Windows Phone 7 Connector on their Mac. Here's a list of enhancements and new features from this software update:
- Threads: Switch between text, Facebook chat and Windows Live Messenger within the same conversation.
- Groups: Group contacts into personalized Live Tiles to see the latest status updates and quickly send a text, email or IM to the whole group, right from the Start screen.
- Deeper social network integration: Twitter and LinkedIn feeds are now integrated into contact cards. There?s also built-in Facebook check-ins and calendar integration, and new face-detection software that makes it easy to quickly tag photos and post to the web.
- Linked inbox: Combine the email accounts you choose according to your preferences. Conversations are organized to make it easy to stay on top of the latest mail.
- Hands-free messaging: Built-in speech-to-text and text-to-speech support enables hands-free texting or chatting.
Windows Phone OS 7.5 brings improved app notifications and updates on the Start screen. Apps are also more integrated in search results and hubs. Highlights include:
- App Connect: Offers up relevant apps for your consideration based on your phone activity. + Improved Live Tiles: Live Tiles are more dynamic and can hold more information ? making it easier to get
real-time info from apps without having to open them.
- Multitasking: Apps can now run in the background while preserving battery life and performance. You can also quickly switch between open apps.
- Marketplace: Now has more than 17,000 apps and search results are organized by content type (apps or games, music or podcasts) making it easy to find what you are looking for.
- App Quick Scroll: Scrolling long lists of apps has been simplified ? start scrolling, then tap the bottom or top of the scroll bar to jump to the end or beginning of the list.
- Podcasts: Browse, subscribe to and access podcasts directly (U.S. only), without requiring a connection to the Zune PC software. Podcasts can also be streamed directly from Marketplace.
- Internet Explorer 9: The power of a PC-browser plus support for HTML5 and hardware-accelerated graphics. + BingTM: Bing makes searching easy with new ways to find information including Local Scout and music and
visual search built-in.
- Local Scout: Provides hyper-local search results and recommends nearby restaurants, shopping and activities in an easy-to-use guide powered by Bing.
- Cards: Handy summaries of relevant info from Bing (including related apps) for products, movies, events or places you search for.
- SkyDrive: Auto sync photos and videos from your phone to your PC, save docs and notes, with free online storage.
- Driving Directions: Detailed driving directions are presented in an easy at-a-glance format. Directions can be instantly recalculated to account for unscheduled stops or detours.
- Venue Maps: Interior maps for popular venues like shopping malls or airports are displayed when available, and the floors can be scrolled through using the floor picker.
MUSIC AND VIDEOS HUB
In addition to new features like podcasts and Smart DJ, a large number of smaller tweaks to the Music + Videos Hub have been introduced. The most notable features are:
- SMART DJ: A new music hub feature that takes a seed, an artist, album or song and creates a music mix that?s similar using whatever songs it finds on the phone. For Zune Pass music subscribers, Smart DJ selects from the millions of tracks available in the Zune catalog.
- Enhanced playback options and controls: ? Rate, Shuffle and Repeat playback options are now more discoverable. ? The playback controls are bigger and are now aligned with the mini-playback control. ? Users can now tap the Repeat button twice to see the addition of a Repeat Once mode.
- Improved History and New: These areas were designed to make it easier to find and play content. The new vertical layout in Windows Phone OS 7.5 provides room for 25 items versus the horizontal layout from Windows Phone OS 7.0, which had an 8-item limit.
- New lock-screen options: Users can now easily control their music player while the phone is locked. + New artist wallpapers: Artist images in the Music + Videos Hub now show up as wallpaper on the lock screen. This is
also a settings option that is turned off by default because it has a small impact on the phone?s battery life.
- Better artist images: Artist images now have a layered look and do not interfere with the controls.
- More playback info: The artist name has been added to the music player queue so that when users are listening to a new Smart DJ mix, they know exactly what song is coming up next.
- New playlist option: Users can now create playlists on their phones. Users can add a mix of content to their queue or start a Smart DJ mix and save it as a playlist.
- Better data management: Zune Pass subscribers can now see an icon on the phone when they?re listening to streamed music so they always know when they are consuming data.
- More video options: Options for full-screen toggle and video scrubbing (where supported) have been added so users have quick access to the parts of their videos they love most.
- While in 911 Emergency Mode, alarm notifications will be turned off. + The device will now accept alphanumeric passwords and pins. + While running other applications, Zune music will still play in the background.
- When roaming internationally, dial *86 to access voicemail.
- Dial *228 before placing a call to prevent the call from appearing in the call history log.
- While in landscape mode, access the URL bar to input web addresses. + Manually add a Wi-Fi network.
If you need to get instructions on how to update the phone, follow the steps on this page: http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/trophy_instructions.pdf
Check out our latest phone reviews please visit:
Samsung Galaxy SII on AT&T
Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch on Sprint
BlackBerry Bold 9930 on Verizon
LG Thrill 4G
BlackBerry Torch 9850 on Sprint
Motorola Photon 4G Video Review
4G BlackBerry Torch 9810
HTC Wildfire S
More News. . .
0 registered and 610 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Topic views: 9808
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5