Verizon Wireless has begun pushing a new software update for the ThunderBolt by HTC. This update provides several improvements for your device, as well as upgrading to the Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) Operating System. Here is more info on this software update for the HTC ThunderBolt:
- Download Manager App: New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing, and other apps.
- App and Power Management Details:
Under Manage Applications, a new “Running” tab displays a list of active applications and the storage and memory being used by each. Power efficiency mode option has also been added under Settings > Power.
- New Homescreen Experience:
New widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.
- Full Dock Mode App:
This App includes three shortcuts at the bottom: Gallery, Music and Calendar. In addition, this mode showcases Friend Stream updates, upcoming meeting invites, notifications, weather clock and has a slide show as the background wallpaper. Within this App, a user can also enable the mobile hotspot in dock mode.
Additional features, Improvements and fixes:
- Alarm notifications will no longer appear while in Emergency Mode.
- Improved security features that reduce device vulnerability.
- Improved data connectivity.
- Improved audio quality while using Bluetooth.
- Improved Bluetooth security.
- Decreased wait time when saving audio attachments.
- Resolved issue with basic voicemail notification.
- V CAST Tones now comes preloaded.
- New Google Books app.
- Enhanced UI for data roaming.
- Resolved issue with SMS messages being sent to incorrect recipient on rare occasions.
- Reduced Force Close errors while using TuneWiki.
- Reduced Force Close errors when using the front camera.
- Resolved issue with audio reroute to phone while on Bluetooth.
For detailed instructions check out this page on Verizon Wireless support site: http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/thunderbolt_instructions.pdf
Check out our latest phone reviews please visit:
Motorola Atrix 2
Samsung Galaxy S II vs. HTC Amaze 4G
HTC Amaze 4G
Samsung Galaxy SII on AT&T
Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch on Sprint
HTC EVO Design 4G
More News. . .
0 registered and 595 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Topic views: 3649
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5