General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Verizon to Charge $2 Payment Convenience Fee for Single Bill Payments
      #41903 - 12/29/11 09:29 AM

Verizon Wireless will start charging a $2 payment convenience fee that will be instituted for customers who make single bill payments online or by telephone. The fee will help support single bill payment options. It is designed to address costs incurred by Verizon for only those customers who choose to make single bill payments in alternate payment channels (online, mobile, telephone), according to Verizon Wireless. There are other options to avoid the fee. Here is more info:

The fee is waived for those who pay by electronic check or enroll in AutoPay. The telephone and online single payment fee, which takes effect January 15, will be disclosed up-front and throughout the transaction.

There are numerous payment options available to our customers where the fee is waived or where no fee applies. They include:

-Electronic check online (My Verizon Online, My Verizon Mobile/Handset). Fee waived.
-Electronic check via telephone. Fee waived.
-Enrollment in AutoPay using credit/debit/ATM card or electronic check; fee does not apply
-Online from the customerís home-banking service provider website; fee does not apply.
-Credit/debit/ATM card, electronic check or cash at a Bill Payment Kiosk, Panel or with a representative at a Verizon -Wireless Communications Store; fee does not apply.
-Use of a Verizon Wireless Gift Card or Verizon Wireless device Rebate Card to pay a bill in-store, online or by telephone; fee does not apply
-Paper check or money order mailed to the VZW remit address on customerís bill; fee does not apply.

For more info visit www.verizonwireless.com

-----------------------------------------------------

Check out our latest phone reviews please visit:

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
LG Nitro HD
Samsung Focus S
HTC Vivid
HTC Rezound
Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
Nokia Lumia 800
HTC Titan

More News. . .

-----
MTR News

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jacob_SpindelModerator
Moderator and writer

Reged: 11/21/05
Re: Verizon to Charge $2 Payment Convenience Fee for Single Bill Payments [Re: Tong Zhang]
      #41911 - 12/30/11 03:50 PM

Verizon has rescinded this decision after an incredibly negative reaction from the public.

--------------------
Chief iPod Correspondent
Senior Time Waster
Extreme Moderator
Moderate Extremist
Captain of the Planet Express
Assistant Jedi Librarian
--------------------

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Verizon to Charge $2 Payment Convenience Fee for Single Bill Payments [Re: Jacob_Spindel]
      #41912 - 12/30/11 04:21 PM

Here's Verizon Wireless' statement about the retraction of the $2 fee:

"12/30/2011

Verizon Wireless has decided it will not institute the fee for online or telephone single payments that was announced earlier this week.

The company made the decision in response to customer feedback about the plan, which was designed to improve the efficiency of those transactions. The company continues to encourage customers to take advantage of the numerous simple and convenient payment methods it provides.

"At Verizon, we take great care to listen to our customers. Based on their input, we believe the best path forward is to encourage customers to take advantage of the best and most efficient options, eliminating the need to institute the fee at this time,Ē said Dan Mead, president and chief executive officer of Verizon Wireless."

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Jacob_SpindelModerator
Moderator and writer

Reged: 11/21/05
Re: Verizon to Charge $2 Payment Convenience Fee for Single Bill Payments [Re: LisaG]
      #41913 - 12/30/11 05:41 PM

I probably should've clarified that, although Verizon claims the reversal is due to customer reaction, it also comes on the heels of an announcement from the FCC that they had planned to investigate Verizon because of the fee.

--------------------
Chief iPod Correspondent
Senior Time Waster
Extreme Moderator
Moderate Extremist
Captain of the Planet Express
Assistant Jedi Librarian
--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 83 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4719

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage