Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
iPhone Case Review: iLuv A Sante Pro: Sports Armband for iPhone 4/4S
      #42025 - 01/17/12 03:19 PM

iPhone Case Review: iLuv A Sante Pro: Sports Armband for iPhone 4/4S

Reviewed by Tom Slayton

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 2.5

What's Hot: Extra-wide base prevents the neoprene strap from twisting or slipping sideways. Lightweight. Slot pocket for cash/credit cards. Velcro flap to hold earbuds when not in use.

What's Not: One-inch patch of male Velcro is inadequate. Strap is too short. Back of armband is not waterproof so your phone will be exposed to perspiration as you exercise.

iLuv's A Sante Pro is a sports armband for the iPhone 4/4S. As its name suggests, its purpose is to hold your phone while you exercise.

Size and Fit

The A Sante Pro Sports Armband has a pocket that's just large enough to accommodate a naked iPhone 4/4S so don't expect to use this with anything but the most minimal of iPhone cases. It is small and light, and doesn't add much to the weight of your phone, which, when exercising, is important.

Features and Quality

At my age, I'm by no means an athlete. However, I manage to put in about 16 miles/week, and I am very particular about my armbands. First, the good: The A Sante Pro Sports Armband is reasonably comfortable due to its wide, stable base, which prevents the strap from twisting or slipping sideways in its clasp. It has a reflector for night safety, a slot for cards/cash, and a Velcro flap for your earbuds. Now the bad: The strap is far too short for anybody with large arms. Additionally, it just doesn't hold very well due to its ridiculously undersized 1" patch of male Velcro. Another disappointment is the construction. The majority of the armband is made of neoprene, which does NOT repel moisture. Fortunately, the pocket designed to hold cash/cards contains some sort of water-repellant lining. While this blocks the majority of perspiration, it doesn't completely cover the back of the case, which means if you tend to perspire while you exercise, your phone is going to be damp by the time you're done. Lastly, the strap is only minimally elastic, which forced me to wear it tighter than I prefer just to keep it from slipping off of my arm.

Style

Style is only minimally important for a product like this so my expectations in this area are pretty low. I like the reflectorized face of the A Sante Pro. However, the large, bold iLuv logo may be off-putting to some.

Summary

If your arms are in the small-medium range and you aren't prone to heavy perspiration while you exercise, the A Sante Pro Sports Armband may work for you. It's comfortable, and feature-rich. However, because of the small strap size and the fact that it will expose your device to perspiration, I can't recommend it to everybody.

Price: $34.99
Web site: iLuv

---------------------------------------------------

Buy it from Amazon

-----------------------------------------------------

Check out our iPhone case reviews:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-Case-Reviews.htm

Check out our iPad case reviews:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPad-Case-Reviews.htm

-----------------------------------------------------

----

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 81 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 7082

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage