General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Video: 3D Gaming on Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook, Crysis 2 Here we Come
      #42314 - 03/07/12 09:53 PM

You know I look out for you guys, and that's why I warn you in our Ultrabook reviews that this class of notebook isn't meant for 3D gaming with current demanding titles. Well, if you don't mind dialing down the effects and staying between 23 and 30 fps, you can actually do some gaming at native 1366 x 768 resolution (forget using that 1080p monitor at full res though). We used the Dell XPS 13 with the 1.6GHz Intel Core i5 ULV CPU and Intel HD 3000 graphics to test Mass Effect 2, Left 4 Dead 2 and Crysis 2. The XPS 13 is the new kid on the Ultrabook block and it has a very fast SSD drive, 4 gigs of RAM and a backlit keyboard.

Left 4 Dead 2 is a graphically rich first person shooter that runs nicely on all kinds of machines, and as we expected it ran very well. Crysis 2, though not the pig that Crysis 1 was, presents the biggest challenge. We've got FRAPS running for all three games in this short video, and walk you through the settings for each game so you can see how Dell's Ultrabook does. As it turns out, traveling ultralight doesn't mean giving up on gaming. Just don't expect to play Skyrim at high resolutions!

Don't forget to check out our Dell XPS 13 Video Review

-

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6356

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage