MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
DaveKDEN

Reged: 01/27/12
Acer Iconia A700 or Asus Trans. Infinity?
      #42787 - 06/12/12 01:52 AM

First post here, so first off GREAT SITE! Very informative and timely.

I was wondering if anyone's seen an update on the U.S. release dates for either the Acer Iconia A700 or the Asus Transformer Infinity tablets? I thought they were both supposed to be released in this month sometime (June 2012).

Thanks,
Dave

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DaveKDEN

Re: Acer Iconia A700 or Asus Trans. Infinity? [Re: DaveKDEN]
      #42788 - 06/12/12 01:55 AM

Oops - PS: Love the video reviews Lisa!

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
      #42808 - 06/14/12 06:17 PM

Acer has said that the A700 will ship in the US later this month and they're taking pre-orders. Still no work on the Asus Transformer Infinity. And glad you like our site

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

DaveKDEN

Re: Acer Iconia A700 or Asus Trans. Infinity? [Re: LisaG]
      #42813 - 06/15/12 05:24 PM

Thanks Lisa! I saw about the Acer release the other day - looks very promising. Waiting on Asus to follow suit with the Transformer Infinity. Although, now I'm also very interested in what Win 8 has to offer for tablets. I think I'd also be interested in something with a slightly larger screen - like a 1920x1200 16:10 ratio 11.6" display. I use a Company issued iPad2, and while nice, the 9.7" screen is a bit on the small side for me. I don't really see the 10.1" display on many of the Android tablets as being much better than Apple's favored display size.
Regardless, it's a good time for those of us interested in this technology.
Dave

Edited by DaveKDEN (06/15/12 06:48 PM)

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
      #42816 - 06/16/12 04:07 AM

There's Toshiba's 13" Android tablet, but the resolution is 1600 x 900 rather than 1080p I think Windows 8 tablets will put a great deal of pressure on Android tablets and the iPad too. The nearly instant-on experience, optimized touch, eye candy and Windows apps are seriously wonderful.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

DaveKDEN

Re: Acer Iconia A700 or Asus Trans. Infinity? [Re: LisaG]
      #42818 - 06/16/12 03:22 PM

I found it interesting (to be kind) that Toshiba is marketing a larger 13" tablet in a 16:9 ratio format at a lower res. than Apple already offers in the "new" iPad. Seems like a bit of a marketing faux pas to me. However, I do like the fact that manufacturers are expanding size options in the tablet market. I don't think there's a one size fits all solution, as everyone's needs are slightly different. For example, based on my (albeit limited) experience, tablets (readers) in the 7" - 10" range are a bit too small. That's why I'd really like to see a market for ~12" (11.6" is fine) 16:10 ratio tablets. For me, that seems to be the sweet spot, offering better readability in a portable and handleable size. However, having compared the iPad2 to the "new" iPad side by side, I strongly believe higher res. displays are the way to go in a tablet. I was skeptical at first, but text legibility is markedly better on the higher res.' screen. That's definitely a good thing for those of us whose eyes aren't what they used to be.
Dave

Edited by DaveKDEN (06/16/12 05:25 PM)

DaveKDEN

#42832 - 06/19/12 02:04 AM

OK, I'm officially intrigued by the "Surface for Win 8 Pro" model. Wish it had a slightly larger 16:10 display though.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5557

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage