General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Acer to Sell the Aspire S5 Ultrabook This Month in the US
      #42824 - 06/18/12 02:23 PM

Acer plans to release the ultra-thin Aspire S5 Ultrabook in the U.S. this month. The Aspire S5 measures 0.44 inches at its thinnest and .59 at the thickest, and weighs 2.65 pound. The Ultrabook has thin lightweight design and black, magnesium-alloy and brushed metal chassis. The Acer Aspire S3 is also updated with the new 3rd gen Intel Core i7 and a 256GB SSD option. Here is more info on the Aspire S5:

The Aspire S5-391-9880 is Acer's first Ultrabook to feature a smartly designed MagicFlip I/O port panel concealed just below the hinge. This design feature enhances the overall slenderness and streamlined form of the S5. When needed, a press of the MagicFlip key opens the panel to reveal a selection of I/O ports: HDMI, USB 3.0 and 20 Gbps Thunderbolt.

The Aspire S5-391-9880 includes a 3rd Generation Intel Core i7-35i7U Processor, a 256GB solid state drive and an ultrafast Thunderbolt I/O port. It has a 13.3-inch widescreen LED-backlit display (1366 x 768), an HDMI port, and an HDMI to VGA cable adapter

Long battery life is delivered via the PowerSmart battery pack which provides up to three times longer battery life cycles than traditional batteries (1,000 vs. 300 cycles). These batteries also maintain 80 percent capacity after the 1,000 cycle count, which means the battery will last longer, reducing the need to replace it. Acer Hybrid Standby Technology provides up to 15 days of standby power, or up to 6.5 hours of continuous use.

The advanced 1.3 megapixel HD webcam produces amazing video image quality at 24 frames per second. Crystal-clear chats with friends and family across town or across the country are easy.

Dolby Home Theater v4 delivers vibrant theater-quality sound to movies or music.

Instantly On and Always Connected
The S5-391-9880 Ultrabook features the unique Acer Green Instant On technology for fast boot and resume, and Acer Always Connect, which lets users manage their multimedia and data on all their devices at anytime, anywhere, even from sleep.

Price and Availability
The Aspire S5-391-9880 will be available the last week in June at http://us-store.acer.com/default.aspx and leading retailers across the U.S. It has an MSRP of $1,399.99.

The new Aspire S3 Series Ultrabooks will be available beginning next week at leading retailers across the U.S. Prices begin at $648 and range up to $999.99.

-----------------------------------------------------

Check out our latest notebook and tablet reviews:

MacBook Pro with Retina Display Video Review
Sony VAIO T Ultrabook Video Review
Sony VAIO Z 2012 Ivy Bridge Video Review
Windows 8 Release Preview Demo and Review
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Review
Lenovo ThinkPad X230 Review
Toshiba Excite 10 Review
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Review
Asus Transformer Pad TF300 Video Review

More News. . .

-----
MTR News

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 87 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4449

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage