Verizon Wireless and Samsung Mobile announced today that they will offer the exclusive Samsung Galaxy Stellar starting Sept. 6 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for free with a rebate. Here's more info on this upcoming Android smartphone from Verizon by Samsung:
The easy-to-use 4G LTE enabled Samsung Galaxy Stellar is designed to be compact so it fits easily in a customer's hand and make the first time smartphone experience simple. Built with a compact design, the Stellar features a dual interface option so customers can choose between Starter Mode or Standard Mode. Starter Mode gives customers a simplified home screen display with preset widgets such as Favorite Apps, Favorite Contacts and Favorite Settings for quick and easy access to frequently used apps and settings. Starter Mode also features a quick dialer icon that allows customers to make phone calls directly from the home screen. Standard Mode provides customers with a more conventional layout and gives customers the traditional Android experience. The Stellar also includes a Help app that features guided tours, walkthroughs, tips for changing settings and more, so customers can master their device.
Samsung Galaxy Stellar customers can take advantage of blazingly fast 4G LTE connectivity to access an array of convenient and multimedia rich apps. A suite of Amazon apps is included that offers customers an easy way to discover content such as watching movie trailers on the IMDB app, downloading audio books with the Audible app, and one-click ordering with the Amazon shopping app. The Stellar also offers a variety of premium TV and film content for rent or purchase through the Samsung Media Hub.
The Galaxy Stellar is a SAFE (Samsung Approved For Enterprise) approved device featuring on-device AES-256 bit encryption, enhanced support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and support for industry-leading Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions to make working on-the-go secure.
Samsung Stellar specs and features include:
* 4G LTE - customers can expect fast download speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas
* 4-inch WVGA display (800 x 480 )
* Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich - support for Google Mobile Services including Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Maps and access to more than 600,000 apps available to download from Google Play Store
* Suite of Amazon apps includes Kindle, Shopping, MP3, Zappos, IMDB and Audible
* 1.2 dual-core GHz Snapdragon application processor
* Front-facing 1.3 megapixel camera for video chat and 3.2 megapixel rear-facing camera with auto focus
* Backup Assistant Plus - media management and online storage service designed to help customers store and access media content such as music, videos, pictures documents and contacts.
* Wi-Fi Connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n)
* microSD card slot with support for up to 32 GB
* Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - Communicate directly with your Microsoft Exchange Server enabling push email, calendar, and contacts
* Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Mobile Device Management (MDM) Support from Industry-Leading Solutions Providers - Supports industry-standard VPN protocols to help users efficiently tap into VPN networks and MDM capabilities that allow IT departments to effectively safeguard employee's mobile devices and corporate data.
* On Device Encryption - SAFE helps prevent unauthorized access to mobile data by leveraging the AES 256-bit encryption standard, encrypting all data, including app-specific internal data and internal/external memory.
Price and availability:
The Samsung Stellar will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com starting Sept. 6 for free after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
For more info visit www.verizonwireless.com
Check out our latest smartphone reviews:
T-Mobile myTouch and myTouch Q Review
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note Review
Motorola Atrix HD Video Review
HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE Video Review
Sony Xperia Ion Video Review
Samsung Galaxy S III Review
HTC EVO 4G LTE Review
More News. . .
0 registered and 331 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Topic views: 4087
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5