This morning, Sprint began rolling out the Android 4.1.1, Jelly Bean, update for Samsung Galaxy S III. Sprint is the first U.S. wireless carrier to offer Jelly Bean to its Galaxy S III customer. The update began rolling out today and adds a host of new and enhanced TouchWiz features, offering a faster, richer and more responsive device experience. The update is available as an over the air download. Here's more info:
The update is available as an over the air update. When your Galaxy S III is eligible for the update, it will automatically download. Once the download is complete, you will be prompted to install the update. Installation will take a few minutes, and your device will be disabled during the installation process. It will be ready to use when the process is complete.
Jelly Bean offers users a smoother, faster and more fluid experience with expanded feature functionality, including:
* Google Now gets you just the right information at just the right time, like how much traffic to expect before you leave for work or when the next train will arrive as you're standing on the platform. Google Now can be launched by pressing and holding the menu key from the home screen.
* Expandable, actionable notifications allowing you to take action directly from the notifications shade.
* Android Beam now lets you send photos and more.
* Widgets work like magic as you place widgets on the screen, everything else automatically moves to make room; when they're too big, widgets resize on their own.
Samsung also added new capabilities to Galaxy S III, including:
* Camera Enhancements:
o New live camera and camcorder filters offer a range of new ways to spark your creativity. Warm vintage, cold vintage, black and white, sepia, color highlights (blue, green, red/yellow), and many more are selectable from the main camera screen.
o Pause and resume while recording video allows users to string together multiple captured video clips from a party, birthday, or sporting event into a single file with no post editing required.
o Low light photo mode takes advantage of Galaxy S III's best-in-class High Dynamic Range (HDR) capabilities and offers an optimized mode for low light and indoor photos.
* Pop Up Play Update easily resizes or pauses the Pop Up Play picture-in-picture video window, taking full advantage of Galaxy S III's powerful processor and large 4.8-inch display.
* Easy Mode is a simplified user experience option for first-time smartphone owners, providing large home screen widgets that focus on the device essentials.
* Blocking Mode can disable incoming calls, notifications, alarms and LED indicators for a designated period of time.
* Improved Usability with access to multiple keyboard options and the addition of the Swype keyboard.
With the Jelly Bean update, Galaxy S III will also add support for some exciting new accessories.
* AllShare Cast Wireless Hub allows users to wirelessly mirror their phone screen to any HDTV or HDMI display. It even supports licensed content playback of premium TV and movies.
* NFC One Touch Pairing Support pairs Galaxy S III with supporting NFC Bluetooth accessories in a single touch.
Check out our review of the Samsung Galaxy S III at:
Check out our latest smartphone reviews:
LG Optimus G Review
Motorola Droid RAZR HD Video Review
Samsung Galaxy Stellar Review
iPhone 5 Review
Motorola Droid RAZR M Video Review
Pantech Flex Video Review
Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Video Review
T-Mobile myTouch and myTouch Q Review
0 registered and 631 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
Moderator: Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Topic views: 7304
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5