General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Microsoft Announce Surface Pro Tablet Pricing and Date
      #43816 - 11/29/12 03:39 PM

This is for those of you who were tickled by the MS Surface RT tablet, but want full Windows 8 with the ability to run Windows 7 programs, otherwise known as x86 apps or .exes. Microsoft's Surface Pro tablet with an Intel Core i5 ULV CPU and a 10.6" full HD 1080p display will be released in January 2013 with a starting price of $899. That gets you the tablet and a digital pen, but no keyboard. If you want to add on the nifty Touch Cover or the more tactile Type Cover, you'll have to fork out an additional $100 to $130.

The Surface Pro looks and feels much like the Surface RT, and that'a good thing. It has a VaporMG casing with integrated kickstand, and while it's heavier than the RT model, it still weighs less than 2 pounds (not including keyboard). It's 14mm thick.

$899 gets you the 64 gig Surface Pro

$999 for the 128 gig Surface Pro

We expect it will use the same Intel Core i5-3317U 1.7GHz CPU with Intel HD 4000 graphics that's used on other Core i tablets and Ultrabooks. Likely it will have 4 gigs of RAM.

It will have dual band WiFi 802.11b/g/n with MIMO and Bluetooth.

It will have one USB 3.0 port and a Mini DisplayPort (we call that a little port-starved vs. other tablets and Ultrabooks).

Source: Microsoft TechNet Blog

Related:

Microsoft Surface RT Tablet Review

-

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
aznboyknowledge

Reged: 12/03/12
Loc: New York, NY
Re: Microsoft Announce Surface Pro Tablet Pricing and Date [Re: LisaG]
      #43852 - 12/06/12 10:13 AM

If you were to compare the Sony vaio duo 11 and the Lenovo twist with the windows pro, which device would be the more preferred?

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Microsoft Announce Surface Pro Tablet Pricing and Date [Re: aznboyknowledge]
      #43853 - 12/06/12 10:25 AM

Personally I'd pick the Vaio Duo 11 over Surface because I want a keyboard and the Vaio has more ports. I'd pick the Duo over the Twist because I have a need for the digital pen, want the full HD display and the Duo 11 is smaller and lighter. But some folks want a great keyboard and could care less about the pen, and the Twist would be better for them.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 64 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6587

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage