MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Joe_Lynch

Reged: 01/01/13
Loc: Southern Michigan, USA
Nexus 7 vs Kindle Fire HD vs iPad Mini
      #43977 - 01/02/13 10:45 AM

I am currently stuck in the middle of wheather I should get a Nexus 7, a Kindle Fire HD, or an iPad Mini. I have gotten the chance to play with all 3 devices. I was VERY satified with all 3. I like the Nexus 7 because of the pretty good app selection, the one hand capabilities, and all the google intergration. The only reason I dont like it is I imagine it would be hard to watch movies and tv shows on such a narrow screen. I like the Kindle Fire HD because in my opinion it has the greatest feel of all 3. I like the slightly redisigned version of the home screen. I love the fact that they increased wi-fi signal because my first generation Kindle Fire was VERY slow. When I first tried out the iPad Mini I was amazed. I like how it is small but not too small that it isnt enjoyable. Things I like about it are: The app store, iTunes, the cameras, the OS, the size, and the high build quality. The only thing I don't like about it is the price. Is it worth the extra $130 for the iPad Mini? I am looking for a tablet for some movies and tv shows, games, slight reading, maybe some picture taking, video chatting/facetiming, and web browsing. OR, do you think I should just wait for the iPad Mini 2 to come out which should include a faster processor and a retina display. So that's all I have, any help would be great!
Thanks,
Joe

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ibod

Reged: 10/21/12
Loc: SC USA
Re: Nexus 7 vs Kindle Fire HD vs iPad Mini [Re: Joe_Lynch]
      #43978 - 01/02/13 05:16 PM

get the ipad if you want someone to do all the thinking for you.
get the nexus if you want to do all the thinking.
get the kindle if you want the option to do either.

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Nexus 7 vs Kindle Fire HD vs iPad Mini [Re: ibod]
      #43983 - 01/03/13 12:29 PM

I like the Kindle Fire HD quite a lot and in fact own the 8.9" version. But if you want to take photos, keep in mind it doesn't have a rear camera.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2559

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage