MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Neublet

Reged: 01/06/13
Ultrabook Confusion
      #43996 - 01/06/13 05:46 PM

First let me start by saying if Youtube doesn't have a video of a product I am looking for created by Mobiletechreview...I am lost (not really but your reviews are far and away the best).

On to my request. I had been considering getting a Windows 8 Tablet, but I really like the Asus Transformer line. I found with my Transformer TF300 (and TF101) that I rarely took it out of the dock. This got me thinking that I should just get a convertible.

Anyways, I haven't been able to find a convertible or even an ultrabook with exactly what I am looking for so I was hoping someone here could help.

I want something with at least a 13" screen (prefer 14 or 15). I want a touch screen, dedicated graphics, and i5+ on it. Now it doesn't have to be a convertible like that Yoga or something like that. I'd like something that can have just the screen so I can use it as a tablet..but it's not a deal breaker.

I would like to be able to play League of Legends on it (will probably hook it to an monitor). My price range is under $900. I was looking at the Acer M5 (not the timeline U) I liked everything, except it doesn't have dedicated graphics, the timeline U does have dedicated graphics...but no touchscreen.

I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks for all of your help!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Ultrabook Confusion [Re: Neublet]
      #44001 - 01/07/13 01:43 AM

Right now, there isn't anything with dedicated graphics in tablet or convertible form because manufacturers are trying to make them as thin and light as possible with good battery life. Dedicated graphics requires more space for cooling and eats up more battery power. League of Legends isn't hugely demanding, it should plan fine on the Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics used on Intel Core i5 convertibles (at least so users on various forums report, I haven't tested it).

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Neublet

Reged: 01/06/13
Re: Ultrabook Confusion [Re: LisaG]
      #44002 - 01/07/13 02:39 AM

I don't doubt that League would perform fine on HD 4000. But I want to have something that in the even I decide to play something different I can.

Can you recommend an ultrabook that has dedicated graphics, with touchscreen and i5+?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2138

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage