MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Dmcoley

Reged: 01/05/13
Loc: Alabama
Another what should I Buy
      #44003 - 01/07/13 03:33 AM

I am considering the Samsung Smart PC Pro 700 t, Fujitsu Q702, and the Sony Duo 11. I am a Civil Engineer and travel a good bit. Often I need to markup drawings, run spreadsheets or other programs, Take notes in meetings...

I also enjoy playing around with digital photography and I like to sketch.

I the video review of the Duo 11 but the Lag of the N Trig digitizer worries me.

Any recommendations will be appreciated. Also if there are any other Tablets I should consider, please throw It out there
there.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Another what should I Buy [Re: Dmcoley]
      #44007 - 01/07/13 03:18 PM

Choices with a digital pen are limited right now. I haven't see the Fujitsu yet, so I can't comment on it. I don't find the lag to be a problem on my Vaio Duo 11, it seems to have picked up speed after a few Windows updates including a graphics driver update. I'd pick the Duo 11 if you'll need a keyboard frequently since it's just easier to carry. The Samsung is good if you primarily want a slate.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Dmcoley

Reged: 01/05/13
Loc: Alabama
Re: Another what should I Buy [Re: LisaG]
      #44053 - 01/13/13 05:39 PM

Thanks. I had decided to purchase the Duo 11 and was looking for a retail store that sells them, (to no avail) and saw your video at the CES 2013 Event. I was intrigued by the Lenovo Helix. What are your impressions of the Helix relative to the Duo 11

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Another what should I Buy [Re: Dmcoley]
      #44055 - 01/14/13 12:06 AM

The Helix is a pretty different animal: detachable transformer style keyboard vs. the slider. Honestly, they're both really nice machines, and I think the form factor is a big decision point (and a matter of personal preference). The pure tablet option is attractive to graphics artists who typically hold the tablet a lot when drawing. The every-ready keyboard on the Vaio Duo 11 appeals to those who type a lot (though the keyboard is cramped).

One drawback to detachable tablets is that they generally throttle down the CPU more since they have less room for cooling. Lenovo handles that in an interesting way where the CPU runs at full power when it's connected to the dock (since it adds 2 cooling fans).

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2966

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage