General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
LG Tab-Book H160 Windows 8 Convertible Hands On at CES
      #44030 - 01/09/13 01:14 PM

I like the slider form factor for Windows 8 convertible tablets, as seen on the Sony Vaio Duo 11. With the LG Tab-Book H160, LG is bringing the slider to Intel Atom Clover Trail based Windows 8 tablets, and that means a lower price tag, lighter weight and a slimmer design. Of course, you won't get the processing power of an Intel Core i5 machine and the 1.8GHz Atom dual core isn't bright enough to be your main machine unless you stick to the basics like web, email, social networking and video. The machine has 2 gigs of RAM and the usual 64 gigs of flash storage.

The 11.6" IPS display is sharp and bright and the device itself is gorgeous. It weighs just 2.2 pounds and is extremely thin for a slider. It has the usual goodies like HDMI and USB ports and a microSD card slot. The keyboard is surprisingly good given the device's small size and key travel is acceptable. Like most sliders, the back has a small baffle that vainly attempts to hide the slider mechanism.

There will be an Ultra model with Intel Core i5 inside as well, according to LG. Expect that one to be a bit larger and heavier and to have shorter battery life, albeit capable of being your main machine in terms of computational prowess.

The bad news? At the moment, LG has no plans to bring the Tab-Book H160 to the US. We hope they change their mind, and soon!

-

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 87 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4564

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage