MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Jimmy28

Reged: 02/17/13
Loc: Louisiana
Help with android smartphone choice please?
      #44240 - 02/18/13 01:00 AM

Hi! Your youtube videos are the best I've found so far. I'm wanting an android phone, and I'd like to find out if there's anything I'm missing before I make the leap. My current phone is an iPhone 3gs. I got it new, it still works (except for the volume on/off switch) and I never felt like any of the new iPhones offered anything worth renewing my contract for.

I'm a PC user and have always preferred them even with high exposure to friends and wife using macs/apples, so the idea of android has intrigued me. Yesterday I purchased an Asus TF700 after watching most of your tablet videos, and I absolutely love it. So THANKS! It is my first tablet, and I find that I really like android and have no regrets about not getting an iPad.

I've watched many of your smartphone reviews, and my top choice at this point is the HTC One X+. I'd never considered HTC at all before your videos, but I'd never considered an Asus before either. My phone choice going into the videos was Samsung Galaxy S3 (and the 8.9 Kindle Fire for tablet if you're wondering).

I want to make sure I'm not missing something that is about to come out (really soon) or something already available that I'm overlooking that I'm going to wish I'd found beforehand. I'm grandfathered in on the unlimited internet with At&T, so I've been hanging on, but I may lose that with upgrading.

I haven't ever used multiple SD Cards or battery swapping for my phone so it's not a requirement for me. I want a fast phone that doesn't freeze up opening apps. I like good displays. I want good quality phone calls/sound carrier notwithstanding. I use it for everything people use the phones for pretty much so no point in listing.

Is there anything you know of that I should look at or wait for before getting the HTC One X+? Thanks for reading and for any advice!

Jimmy

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Help with android smartphone choice please? [Re: Jimmy28]
      #44242 - 02/18/13 09:15 AM

The HTC One X+ is one of my favorite phones, and with 64 gigs of internal storage, you'll have plenty of room to grow. Phone releases have been slow this year, and there isn't anything looming immediately on the horizon here in the US. So go for it

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Jimmy28

Re: Help with android smartphone choice please? [Re: LisaG]
      #44243 - 02/18/13 09:24 AM

Thanks for your fast response!

Jimmy28

#44256 - 02/20/13 10:07 PM

Now it looks like the new HTC One they just announced might be worth waiting a month for...I still have to find out more about it. I converted the wife to PC..maybe i can buy the onex+ and convert her with it and pass it on and get the new one when it comes out..a master plan is forming..

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

#44257 - 02/20/13 10:24 PM

I'd say the new HTC One is definitely waiting until March! It's not that far off.

--------------------
Lisa Gade

Jimmy28

#44271 - 02/23/13 11:59 PM

I'd thought about backing off on the the HTC One due to the forced blinkfeed and planned to come say so, but I watched some more videos and played with flipbook and pulse apps and I think it will be more tolerable than I was expecting. I do worry about the constant battery drain, but the battery life is so lame on my 3gs as old as it is I doubt I'll notice.

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

#44275 - 02/24/13 10:52 PM

I confess I love Pulse. I haven't had constant battery drain problems with my One X+, only games kill the battery quickly. And as for the new HTC One? No one knows yet.

--------------------
Lisa Gade

Jimmy28

#44529 - 04/15/13 11:13 PM

I thought I'd follow-up and tell I got the email from at&t letting me know the htc one is being shipped to me. I pre-ordered it 2 saturdays back and my HTC one Media Link HD came in already. It was free with pre-order and maybe a regular order I dunno. I got my case for it in today even though I'm loathe to hide it away. I'm watching your review as I type.

Thanks for your videos and feedback. They've been the most helpful out there.

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

#44533 - 04/16/13 11:53 AM

Hope you really enjoy your HTC One! And so far battery life has been superb on ours, BlinkFeed isn't draining it.

--------------------
Lisa Gade

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5153

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage