General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Evernote Reset Your Password
      #44309 - 03/02/13 11:21 AM

Just a little public service announcement in case you're trying to access Evernote on your mobile device and can't sync. Evernote suffered a security breach where login names, email addresses and encrypted passwords were stolen from their servers. As a precaution, in case the hackers manage to unencrypt those passwords, they're reset all user passwords. The Evernote team says that no credit card info was lifted and there's no evidence that data in your notebooks was viewed or touched.

You can visit evernote.com and reset your password there. I found that iOS Evernote handled the password change fine while my Android phones simply failed to sync and didn't prompt me to login in. If that happens to you, log out of your account on the device, then log back in with your new password that you created on the Evernote website.

Here's the full info from Evernote: http://evernote.com/corp/news/password_reset.php

-

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jacob_SpindelModerator
Moderator and writer

Reged: 11/21/05
Re: Evernote Reset Your Password [Re: LisaG]
      #44310 - 03/02/13 03:11 PM

The Mac version of Evernote kept telling me, "Your password seems to have changed. Please log in again." - even though I didn't do anything. So I went to the web site and logged in with my old password, and it told me to change my password. Once I did that and updated all my clients, everything started working again.

I didn't know what happened until I saw this, but I figured it was something it was something like that.

Edit: Evernote has released minor updates to many of its apps. They probably provide clearer explanations now.

--------------------
Chief iPod Correspondent
Senior Time Waster
Extreme Moderator
Moderate Extremist
Captain of the Planet Express
Assistant Jedi Librarian
--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 54 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6672

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage