General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
iPhone Bluetooth Dock Review: Native Union Curve Bluetooth iDock MM03i Review
      #44332 - 03/07/13 11:01 AM

iPhone Bluetooth Dock Review: Native Union Curve Bluetooth iDock MM03i for iPhone Review

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 4.5

What's Hot: Crystal clear sound and great range. Nicely weighted so feels substantial in your hand. Built-in iPhone Dock. Will pair with both a phone and a computer (simultaneously) for VOIP calls.

What's Not: iPhone dock requires an adaptor for use with iPhone 5 (not included).

Reviewed by Tom Slayton

The Curve Bluetooth iDock is a rock solid and tasteful desk phone that pairs with up to two Bluetooth devices simultaneously so you can make/receive both cellular and VOIP calls while enjoying the comfort of a full-sized handset.

Size

The Curve is a bit smaller than a regular desk phone. It will be right at home in any office or home setting, and won't crowd or overwhelm even a small desk. The fact that it's not compact is purely intentional as The Curve is designed to provide you with both a full-sized handset and a means to keep your iPhone charged.

Features and Quality

The first time you pick up the handset, you're going to appreciate the weight and balance of the thing. It's not overly heavy, but manages to feel substantial and solid. The pairing process is dead simple. However, this is more impressive than it sounds because the Curve will pair with up to two Bluetooth devices simultaneously. The obvious advantage of this is the ability to pair multiple cell phones. However, this feature really shines when you use it to pair the Curve with a computer to make VOIP calls. If you're a VOIP user like me, you're really going to appreciate this feature. Once paired, the handset performs flawlessly. It has fantastic range because the Bluetooth module is in the base, right next to your phone (presumably). The base then communicates with the handset using a different technology with greater range. However, by far my favorite feature of the Curve is its ability to charge while it rests in its cradle (as long as you place it in the correct direction so the charge pins align). I love Bluetooth devices but always forget to charge them. This killer feature means that it will always be charged when you need it. Be warned, however, if you want to use it with an iPhone 5, you're going to need to provide your own charge adaptor as the base only accepts Apple's 30-pin connector unless you use an adapter for the Lightning port on the new iPhone 5.

Style

The Curve is modern and sleek looking so if your office is lined with leather books and overstuffed chairs, it's not going to fit in. However, I don't expect this to be a problem for most. If you're going to make a phone in only one style, building something with clean sleek lines is the safest bet. It is available in either black or white.

Summary

If you are looking for a desk solution for your cell phone, and/or a remote solution for VOIP, The Curve is an excellent choice. It's solidly built, feature-rich, and will work with any Bluetooth device (although the dock will only work with Apple products).

Price: $99.99
Web site: Native Union

-----------------------------------------------------

Buy it from Amazon Black version

Buy it from Amazon White version

Check out our iPhone Case, bag and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-Case-Reviews.htm

Check out our iPad Case, bag and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPad-Case-Reviews.htm

----

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 91 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6296

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage