MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Games >> iPhone, iPad and Phone Games

Pages: 1
GrittyRoughWare

Reged: 03/16/13
Promo Codes for iPhone app nQubed
      #44403 - 03/22/13 03:44 PM

Please enjoy a Promo Code for my iPhone app, nQubed, that can be used on iTunes for a free copy.

nQubed (as in n, nCubed except spelled with a Q) is a standard 3D cube puzzle app for the iPhone.

nQubed Lite is a free version of the app with limited functionality.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nqubed/id599189508?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nqubed-lite/id620607926?mt=8
http://www.grittyroughware.com/Apps/nQubed.aspx

I think nQubed is something cube enthusiasts, both casual and elite, will enjoy as it offers additional features and a challenge that aren't offered by other apps.

Promo Codes:
9X7JTRPJ9LNT
L6FXNAF9W4MH
FTLWMN7A9XPN
6TRREWWLXRMN

The listed Promo Codes are for the full function version of the app, nQubed.
The codes are redeemable until Friday 4/12/2013.
Promo Codes are available on a first come, first served basis.
If all of the Promo Codes have already been used, you can can always get the free limited functionality version of the app, nQubed Lite.

If you enjoy the app, please tell your friends and Rate and Review the apps on iTunes, and make a post on the forums at www.GrittyRoughWare.com.

Thanks and enjoy!

http://www.apple.com/itunes/inside-itune...and-itunes.html

nQubed supports cube sizes from 2x2x2 to 7x7x7 (a few other apps only go up to 5x5x5).

You can select custom colors for each of the cube sides (which is helpful for people with color blindness issues or prefer certain colors) or select images for the sides (again, other apps don't provide for custom colors).

The app will also save all of your performances, sorted by both time and moves, for later review.

There are literally dozens of other cube puzzle apps available for the iPhone, but what I believe sets mine apart (in addition to the sizes and colors) is the ability to require the squares to be oriented properly and/or positioned in the correct location on each side of the cube in order to solve the puzzle.

While orienting the center squares of a 3-Cube (3x3x3) may not require too much additional effort or know-how, as the size increases the complexity also increases. Trying to orient or position the multiple center squares on a side of a 4-Cube (4x4x4) or larger adds an additional level of complexity to the solution and none of the other iPhone cube puzzle apps provide this feature.

I am a long time cube enthusiast who first solved a cube over thirty years ago, and while I don't consider myself a speed cuber by any means, I do know how to solve a cube (years ago when my mind and fingers were far nimbler, I could solve a cube in under a minute, and can generally do it in a couple minutes these days). I had to put quite a bit of thought into figuring out how to orient/position the center squares of a 4-Cube (4x4x4) or larger. It seems that current algorithms are not sufficient so I had to use existing algorithms in new ways, or develop some new move sequences.

With the astounding speeds that cubes of all sizes are being solved today, it's clear that the challenge to elite cubists is gone. Introducing the orient/position option should return some of the challenge that is missing and require the development of additional algorithms that cube enthusiasts would enjoy.

Required Apple legal mumbo jumbo:
Code expires on
Fri Apr 12 15:04:35 PDT 2013
and is redeemable only on the iTunes Store for United States. Requires an iTunes account, subject to prior acceptance of license and usage terms. To open an account you must be above the age of 13 and in United States. Compatible software and hardware, and internet access (fees may apply) required. Not for resale. Full terms apply; see www.apple.com/legal/itunes/ww/. For more information, see www.apple.com/support/. This app is provided to you by
Gregory R Wathen

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  JadeDragon, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1685

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage