MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Easty1802

Reged: 04/04/13
Should I get a Surface Pro?
      #44477 - 04/05/13 03:24 AM

I've needed a new laptop/tablet/thing for a long time and since hearing about the Surface pro last year, I became quite interested in it, as it everything I am looking for. I live in UK, so am still waiting for it to be released...
I want something lightweight, portable, but still be able to run full windows applications. I need to be able to do word processing, play light games, and have a good display for my media. Hence I am thinking more Tablet/laptop as opposed to laptop/tablet (ie, the Lenovo Yoga.) I am about to go to university at the end of the year to study computer science.
Would you recommend the Surface Pro? Or is there something else which I should look at?

Also, how long do you expect it to be until it is released in the UK? Could I just order from the US and would it work the same? Would there be any compatibility issues?

Hope you can help me out
Thanks

Easty1802

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Should I get a Surface Pro? [Re: Easty1802]
      #44479 - 04/05/13 10:21 AM

I don't know when Surface Pro will come out in the UK, but like you I hope it won't be much longer. It sounds like you're not interested in the digital pen feature, so you can also consider the Acer Iconia W700 tablet with a Core i5 and 11.6" full HD display. In the US it's priced very competitively. There's also the Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T, which is a bit more expensive but has a detachable keyboard. Both are reviewed on our site and you'll find them featured on our home page. They're a little bit larger than the Surface since they're 11.6", but not much larger.

Other than the power plug prongs, I don't expect you'd have compatibility issues if you imported one from the US, though you might have trouble with warranty service if needed.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2143

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage