MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
HelpPlease

Reged: 05/21/13
Digital Drawing & Photo Editing on Laptop Convertibles
      #44729 - 05/21/13 06:57 PM

I currently use a Wacom Bamboo CTH-470 tablet, Toshiba Satellite P775 laptop PC and Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 software for drawing & photo editing.
I would love to own a Wacom Cintiq tablet, but until I increase my proficiency and confidence I am delaying purchasing one.
I would prefer at this time to find a Laptop Convertible PC which I can draw directly on screen using a Wacom pressure sensitive stylus/pen, since I still need the features of a PC but would like to get the feel of drawing directly on a laptop screen.
Can you suggest any current Touchscreen Laptop Convertible PCs that may fit these criteria?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Digital Drawing & Photo Editing on Laptop Convertibles [Re: HelpPlease]
      #44735 - 05/22/13 10:18 PM

For Wacom tablets that have the necessary WinTab drivers for pressure sensitivity, you're looking at the Samsung ATIV 700T and Microsoft Surface Pro for current generation Windows 8 tablets/convertibles/hybrids. We have reviews of these three on our site. The older Samsung Series 7 Slate (an Intel Core i5 tablet you can use with an optional Bluetooth keyboard) is another option if you're looking to save money since it's a 2012 Windows 7 model. We have a review of that as well, and I've owned one for over a year.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

HelpPlease

Reged: 05/21/13
Re: Digital Drawing & Photo Editing on Laptop Convertibles [Re: LisaG]
      #44753 - 05/28/13 12:58 PM

Thank you so much for the information. I wish the screen sizes on those types of devices were a little larger. I know they are designed for mobility, but it is difficult replacing my current laptop (which has a 17” display) with a 10.5”-11.5” display. It’s too bad they couldn’t come up with a 13” or 15” display. I may have to wait and hold out hope that they may be available in larger display sizes in the future. Again, thank you very much!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2550

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage