Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Headphone Review: RHA SA950i Headphones with Mic Review
      #44744 - 05/24/13 10:38 AM

Headphone Review: RHA SA950i Headphones with Mic Review

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 5

What's Hot: Excellent audio quality and clarity, very comfortable to wear and well made.

What's Not: Currently comes in black only.

Reviewed by Tong Zhang

Ever since we tried the RHA MA450i Noise Isolating In-ear Headphones, we've been impressed by the audio quality and the comfortable forms of RHA headphones. Their latest SA950i headphones are lightweight and have overhead wearing style and ear-muff covers. These headphones offer excellent clarity and range with good base for 40mm size drivers. The headphones are comfortable to wear for long period of time and they come with a built-in mic that works for making and receiving phone calls.

Design

The RHA SA950i Headphones with Mic comes in a medium sized build with soft padded headband and padded ear muffs that feel supple and work very well at blocking ambient noise. The ear muffs are just big enough to cover your ears along the ear lobe. The RHA SA950i weighs only 3.7 ounces, amazingly light for headphones this size, and the length is adjustable for different head sizes. The RHA SA950i Headphones come with a de-attachable audio cord that's easy to unplug from the headphones and has a built-in microphone to use with your mobiles or tablets for voice calls or video chats. Thanks to the combination of the thoughtful design and lightweight, you can wear the RHA SA950i Headphones for hours of music playback or gaming without feeling fatigue on your ears or your head.

The lightweight of the RHA SA950i Headphones doesn't mean skimming on high quality material. The RHA SA950i comes with a 40mm professional grade titanium coated mylar drivers that offer fast response time and good power for delivering good range of sound and nice bass. The ear muffs are mounted on chrome frames that are sturdy and the chrome frames extend into height adjustable sliders that operate smoothly and won't wear out as quickly as plastic ones. The 5-foot audio cable is made with braded fabric that also lasts much longer than the regular cable and it helps eliminate tangling. The 3.5mm audio plugs have gold plating to ensure maximum contact and long usage time.

Audio Quality

The RHA SA950i Headphones' 40mm titanium mylar drivers operate in 16-22kHz frequency range and they show very quick response and high sensitivity. We tested the headphones with a variety of audio tracks including different music genres, voice calls and gaming, and we were very impressed by its excellent clarity in med to high range tracks and very decent bass performance for headphones this size. Voice tracks sounded clear and full in our tests, and background instrumental tracks came through clearly yet not muddied together. In symphony tracks, each instrument came through clearly and stereo separation was pronounced perspicuously. The RHA SA950i Headphones performed a little different with various devices we tested thanks to the different audio implementations on each device. The RHA SA950i had better clarity when working with the Samsung Galaxy S4 and better audio range; but it sounded louder and vocals more pronounced when working with the iPhone 5. The bass sounded the strongest on the HTC One while it sounded a bit flat when working with the BlackBerry Z10. The bigger audio components on laptops brought out more bass power and volume on the RHA SA950i Headphones as we tested gaming on the Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 and the HP ENVY 15.

The RHA SA950i Headphones are good at noise canceling as well. It doesn't block everything out like the Wicked Audio's Solus which has much bigger ear covers, but if you're playing music, watching a movie or playing a game with audio playing, you won't hear anyone talking near you. The headphones block airplane noise when audio is playing through it. The outward noise isolation isn't strong, which means your office mate or roommate can hear the audio if the volume is high. The built-in microphone position's is close to your mouth and the outgoing voice quality is clear and loud. The mic stick offers a control button that works to accept or end calls, and play or pause music playback. There are also volume buttons that workd well with all devices and machines we tested.

Conclusion

The RHA headphones continue to impress us with their clear audio, good bass, nice design and high quality material. The RHA SA950i Headphones with built-in microphone offers excellent audio quality, big sound for its size and a super comfortable form. If you're looking for a pair of all-in-one wired headphones for your smartphone, tablet and notebook, do give the RHA SA950i Headphones a look. It's well worth the asking price and it comes with a 3-year warranty.

Price: $59.95
Web site: RHA

-----------------------------------------------------

Buy it from Amazon

Check out our headphone reviews:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPod.htm

----

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 87 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3632

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage