MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
EarlSmithie

Reged: 07/24/13
What tablet should I buy? (Limited budget)
      #45042 - 07/26/13 05:18 AM

Hello guys, you are the experts here so help me out: I'm a college student and I'm planning to buy a small tablet for general things like school works, check PDF's and files, a lot of reading, writing and sharing, stuff like that, my budget is a bit tight so I can't afford to spend more that $300. I think some good options are the new Google Nexus 7 or the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0, but I can't decide. Wich one do you think it's better for me? Thanks guys.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bigsnack

Reged: 07/25/13
Loc: California
Re: What tablet should I buy? (Limited budget) [Re: EarlSmithie]
      #45043 - 07/26/13 10:11 AM

If you don't mind going refurb, you can get the better Galaxy Note 8 for $305 from Amazon, and personally, I think that maybe a better/faster machine than the Tab 3 8.0.

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: What tablet should I buy? (Limited budget) [Re: bigsnack]
      #45049 - 07/26/13 03:38 PM

Between the Tab 3 8.0 and the new Nexus 7 (just released today), I'd pick the Nexus 7. Much better display, much faster tablet.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

EarlSmithie

Reged: 07/24/13
Re: What tablet should I buy? (Limited budget) [Re: LisaG]
      #45050 - 07/26/13 04:03 PM

I just wish there was a microSD slot

Alexandra86

Reged: 08/01/13
Loc: USA
Re: What tablet should I buy? (Limited budget) [Re: EarlSmithie]
      #45076 - 08/01/13 02:45 PM

Hello, EarlSmithie. I found a nice, solid tablet in the "Hisense Sero 7 PRO" available at WalMart for $149. It is a 7 inch form factor with a quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor running Jellybean 4.2 at 1.3Ghz. It has a 1280 X 800 HD display, 8 gigs of storage memory and 1 gig of ram with a microSD slot capable of adding a 32 gig card, plus both front and rear facing cameras. Front camera is 2 megapixels, the rear is 5 megapixels with flash. It includes a mini HDMI port and Bluetooth connectivity for extremal mice, keyboards and speakers. The micro USB charging port supports USB data transfer from both a PC and OTG. The device also allows for tap syncing with other devices. It may not be the fastest kid on the block but is a very worthy and well built budget tablet which will probably fill your needs quite well. You can search it on the web for more specs and Youtube has a few reviews, though not the in-depth review I hope MobileTechReview will give it in the near future. :-) There is also a plain Sero 7 LT available for around a hundred bucks, but since I don't own it, I can't speak to its quality, however word is it's a dog compared to the PRO version. Regards, Lexi.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2698

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage