Samsung today unveiled the Samsung Galaxy Gear, Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 10.1 - 2014 Edition at IFA 2013. These devices will all be available in the U.S. later this year. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will also be available in the U.S. on ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and U.S. Cellular. Here's more info on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3:
Samsung GALAXY Note 3 comes with a wider (5.7inch) full HD Super AMOLED display, yet slimmer (8.3mm) and lighter (168g) hardware design, and more powerful and longer lasting (3,200mAh) battery. Also, equipped with a 13 megapixel rear camera with Smart Stabilization and high CRI LED flash, Samsung GALAXY Note 3 enables users to crisply capture every visual story in their lives, even in low light and active situations. Samsung GALAXY Note 3 offers the latest LTE technologies - CAT4 Carrier Aggregation and supports the greatest number of multiple frequencies. Incorporating the industry's largest 3GB RAM, the GALAXY Note 3 also provides faster and more powerful performance.
The new S Pen reinvents and modernizes the classic note-taking experience by providing the ability to accomplish everyday tasks with just one click. The advanced S Pen is designed to be fully functional as a communication driver between the phone and the user by creating essential input and control features. It plays an integral role in how users interface with the device, making all daily routines easier.
A simple click of the S Pen button while hovering over the screen introduces users to Air Command, a palette of five powerful features that truly make tasks easier and faster. With the Air Command feature, there is no need to toggle between screens, memorize commands or look up different menus. The Air Command feature provides access to the following key functions:
* Action Memo allows users to handwrite a note, and automatically execute a function or convert that handwritten information into formatted content. Action Memo can instantly initiate a call, add to contacts, look up an address on a map, search the web, save a task to a to-do list, and more
* Scrapbook enables users to organize or track down content and information from various sources including the web, YouTube and Gallery in one place so that users can easily look back at collected content all at once. When consumers save content for future use, Scrapbook also collects source material or URLs allowing them to easily refer back to the original source.
* The Screen Write feature captures the full screen image of the current page on the device and allows users to write comments or additional information onto the captured image.
* S Finder allows users to expansively search for content on their device regardless of the type. By putting in keywords or filters such as date, location, and content type, users can search related documents, events, communication threads, and even the Help page - all in one place. In addition, users can also search for hand-written content in their Notes and memo applications, as well as symbols and formulas.
* Pen Window allows users to use the S Pen not only for drawing sketches or writing notes, but now also for opening a small application window for a true multitasking experience. Simply by drawing a window of any size, anywhere on the screen, users can easily and quickly open another application window such as YouTube, calculator or Browser without pausing current activity on the screen.
For more advanced note-taking, the new S Note presents a comprehensive solution that enables consumers to easily write, organize, edit and browse notes with a user-friendly interface and the Easy Chart feature. The new S Note can also be synced with Evernote or a Samsung account and be enabled for accessing and viewing from different devices. Furthermore, when a user wants only a certain part of an image to be taken from the web or Note 3 content, the advanced new Easy Clip feature allows them to roughly draw around the desired image and then it converts that content into a more precisely cropped image.
The Samsung GALAXY Note 3 delivers a larger screen and the increased size is matched with powerful improvements that allow users to fully utilize the additional screen space. The 5.7-inch Full HD Super AMOLED screen provides a stunning and defined video viewing experience for watching Full HD content, distinct clarity for reading and an elegant canvas for content creation.
My Magazine provides a personalized news, social media, entertainment and in-the-moment content experience. Developed through a partnership with Flipboard, it offers an integrated content consuming experience in a modern and dynamic magazine-style layout.
The GALAXY Note 3 enables enhanced multitasking capabilities that allow users to fully utilize the larger screen.
* With the new Multi Window, users can toggle seamlessly between applications without closing the window or opening a new page, allowing for enhanced productivity and collaboration across programs. Consumers can also run one application in two windows at the same time. For instance, users can read the news in one browser while conducting a web search in another, or send an instant message through ChatON to a friend while reading a message from another friend.
* In addition, using Drag and Drop mode within the new Multi Window, users can easily drag and drop content such as a text or image from one window to the other in an instant.
* Pen Window from Air Command further enhances multitasking experience by allowing consumers to draw a window on the screen and launching popular applications while continuing current tasks on the GALAXY Note 3.
An improvement to Group Play, video sharing, is now available. Originally introduced along with the GALAXY S4, Group Play allows users to play the same music, to play games together, and to share documents. It now enables consumers to share videos and play content together with their friends simultaneously. Users can also connect up to five devices alongside each other to create a "big screen" viewing experience.
Samsung KNOX & Find My Mobile
The new GALAXY Note 3 comes with enhanced privacy and security protection provided by Samsung KNOX. Users can activate Samsung KNOX with ease which allows them to run and store security-sensitive applications and data inside a protected execution environment called "container." The security inside the container is strengthened by system-level protection of Samsung KNOX against malware and phishing attacks as well as hacking attempts on physical devices when devices are stolen or lost. For instance, important personal pictures or video can be stored in the container with no worries for data leakage due to hacking. In addition, users may choose to store enterprise applications and data such as corporate email, contacts and calendar and allow the IT department to manage the container through EAS (Exchange ActiveSync Server). These features make the GALAXY Note 3 an ideal device for BYOD (Bring-Your-Own-Device to work)
Available in 32GB or 64GB internal storage along with an additional microSD card slot, the Samsung GALAXY Note 3 and GALAXY Gear are set to launch starting from September 25 in more than 140 countries around the world. The Samsung GALAXY Note 3 will also be available in the U.S. later this year on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and U.S. Cellular.
Galaxy Note 3 specs:
Network 2.5G (GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE): 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz 3G (HSPA 42Mbps): 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz 4G (LTE Cat 4 150/50Mbps) : up to 6 different band sets (Dependent on market)
Display 5.7inch (144.3mm) Full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080)
OS Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
Camera Main(Rear): 13 Mega-pixel BSI Sensor, Auto Focus camera with Smart Stabilization, LED Flash(High CRI), and Zero Shutter Lag Sub (Front): 2 Mega-pixel BSI sensor with Smart Stabilization, Full HD recording @30fps Dual Camera: Dual Shot / Dual Recording/ Dual Video Call Recording: UHD 30fps, Smooth motion (FHD 60fps), Slow motion (HD 120fps) Camera Mode: Drama Shot, Sound & Shot, Animated Photo, Eraser, Best Photo, Best Face, Beauty Face, HDR (High Dynamic Range), Panorama, Sports, Golf, Surround shot, Live effect
Video Codec: H.264, MPEG-4, H.263, VC-1, WMV7, WMV8, Sorenson Spark, MP43, VP8, HEVC Recording & Playback: Full HD (1080p), UHD (may differ by market)
Audio Codec: MP3, AAC/AAC/eAAC, WMA, AMR-NB/WB, Vorbis, FLAC(), WAV() () Ultra High Quality Audio (~192KHz, 24 bit) support
S Pen Optimized
Features Air Command: Action Memo, Scrapbook, Screen Write, S Finder, Pen Window S Note, Multi Window, new Easy Clip, Direct Pen Input
Group Play: Share Music, Share Picture, Share Video, Share Document, Play Games Story Album, S Translator Samsung Smart Scroll, Samsung Smart Pause, Air Gesture, Air View Samsung Apps, Samsung Hub, ChatON (Voice/Video Call, Share screen, 3-way calling), Samsung WatchON S Voice Hands Free, S Health Samsung Adapt Display, Samsung Adapt Sound Auto adjust touch sensitivity (Glove friendly) Samsung Link, Screen Mirroring Safety Assistance, Samsung KNOX Google Mobile
Services Chrome, Search, Gmail, Google, Maps, Play Books Play Movies, Play Music, Play Store, Hangouts Voice Search, YouTube, Google Settings, Play Games, Messenger
Connectivity WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80) GPS / GLONASS NFC, Bluetooth v 4.0 (LE) IR LED (Remote Control), MHL 2.0
Sensor Gesture, Accelerometer, Geo-magnetic, Gyroscope, RGB Proximity, Barometer, Temperature & Humidity, Hall Sensor
Memory 32/ 64 GB User memory microSD slot (up to 64GB) 3GB RAM