MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Wireless and Mobile Phones >> Phones (regular phones not smartphones)

Pages: 1
RonE

Reged: 04/24/12
Loc: Ottawa Canada
U connect and phone books
      #45259 - 09/09/13 09:46 PM

I have just got a Dodge Caravan with U Connect. The problem I have is stopping it copying the contacts list from my Sony Zperia T. Due to my error when I set up Yahoo mail app on my phone it copied all my contacts from my normal mail onto the phone. I have now turned off sync which in my ignorance had left on and clearly caused the first problem !!! But unwinding this error on my part seems not to be straight forward. The Xperia will not let me delete any of the contacts and although I can delete the phone book from the Uconnect in the van , everytime I get into the van it copies it again !!!

Is there a solution to this issue ?

Ron Evans

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
RonE

Reged: 04/24/12
Loc: Ottawa Canada
Re: U connect and phone books [Re: RonE]
      #45267 - 09/10/13 04:04 PM

Well I eventually solved the problem in a convoluted way since there appears no way to stop UConnect downloading the contacts list from a mail app on the phone!!! I had Yahoo app on the phone that sync with my Rogers mail that is hosted by Yahoo. I actually use Thunderbird on my PC so do not need the contacts on Yahoo mail so went into Yahoo and deleted all the contacts on the host server. Synced with the app on the phone and then deleted the app from the phone. Did a complete reset of UConnect in the van and reset up the phone pairing. Now I have the contacts list I need on the phone and strangely this will not transfer to UConnect !!!! I have now set up the shorter list I want on UConnect and at least for the time I am happy. Hope this helps others with the same issues. I have two issue with designers though. Why can't I tell UConnect NOT to copy my phones contact list or why can't it see the list that is definitely there now on the phone !!!

Ron Evans

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Jacob_Spindel, LisaG, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1934

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage