Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
iPhone 5 Case Review: iGlaze Armour for iPhone 5 Review
      #45285 - 09/12/13 11:51 AM

iPhone 5 Case Review: iGlaze Armour for iPhone 5

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 4

What's Hot: Provides basic bump/scuff protection in an almost invisible design. High quality materials.

What's Not: Minimal drop protection. Pricey.

Reviewed by Tom Slayton

The iGlaze Armour for iPhone 5 provides basic everyday bump/scuff protection for your fragile device while camouflaging itself to look like an unencumbered iPhone.

Size and Fit

The iGlaze Armour installs in seconds and fits the way you would expect a premium case to fit. While installed, you will have clear and direct access to all buttons, ports, and switches. The iGlaze Armour adds no noticeable weight or size to your iPhone.

Features and Quality

As with other Moshi products, the build quality of the iGlaze Armour is excellent. In particular, the aluminum back plate is laser cut for precision, and, because it is real aluminum, has that great cool to the touch feeling that is unique to metal. Because this is a minimalist case by design, you can expect full access to all ports/switches/buttons. The obvious tradeoff here is that the level of protection provided by the iGlaze Armour is not as high as you would get from a bulkier case. While it can easily fend off everyday nicks, bumps, scuffs, and scratches, it is not likely to fare so well in a drop; although if it landed on an edge or the back you might actually walk away unscathed. The downside of barely there cases, of course, is that they provide no protection for the screen in the case of drops (be cautious. Murphy's law applies here), and no protection from dust, grit, sand, or moisture. This is not a flaw of the case; it is a choice that you, the consumer, must make when choosing what works best for you. If you spend your time primarily indoors and want an elegant, minimal case that shows off the sleek lines of the iPhone 5, this case is for you. If you use your device on the go or are accident-prone, you're probably going to want a bit more protection.

One small but surprising feature of this case is the inclusion of a backside buffer film. While it looks like just another screen protector for me to toss in the drawer, it is actually intended to be installed on the back of your phone before you install the case. This will protect it from being scratched or scuffed from the inside. A thoughtful touch that I'd like to see from other manufacturers. Lastly, I tested the camera flash with the iGlaze Armour and I can attest that you will not get any reflection from the case while using it (a surprisingly common problem in cases I've reviewed)

Style

The iGlaze Armour has no style of its own. Instead, it seeks to take on the qualities of a chameleon to mimic the style of the iPhone 5. The result is a case that looks as close to invisible as possible without employing Harry Potter technology. Just make sure you buy the one that matches your phone.

Summary

The iGlaze Armour for iPhone 5 is a minimalist's dream. It provides everyday protection without adding bulk to your device, or replacing its gorgeous style. If you primarily use your iPhone indoors and tend to tempt fate by not using a case, I recommend the iGlaze Armour.

Price: $39.95
Web site: Moshi

-----------------------------------------------------

Check out our iPhone Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-Case-Reviews.htm

Check out our iPad Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPad-Case-Reviews.htm

-----------------------------------------------------

----

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 107 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2978

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage